Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike from Extreme Powersports in Fredericksburg, VA. Now i know its a used bike and all, but honestly i expected much better from this place, especially since my brother used to work there. I've never owned a bike before this one, and know pretty much jack squat about bikes, but i really expected them to have gone over the bike thoroughly enough to be in good selling condition.

It first started when i went to put the down payment on the bike, i wanted to hear it run and it wouldn't start, well they assured me it was because it hadn't been run in awhile, that they would charge it and it would be fine. So i made a surprise visit two days later and the bike started right up, so i didn't think much about it. Well the day after i bought it, it completely died, and not only that it started leaking fuel!! I felt horrible becuz i leant it to my brother to retake his dmv test, and he was left stranded there. this was on a saturday. I just got the bike back today, apparently when they we're working on the bike previously they didn't connect a fuel line all the way, and it needed a new stator. Even though i didn't pay for it, it still sucked that it happened to a bike i just bought, and it took well over a week to get it back. And then today while put some gas in i noticed that the driver seat is not even bolted in!! its just sitting there, missing the bolts! I'm very upset at this place, and needless to say, will not purchase another bike from them, and seriously considering not buying any thing at all from them ever again. /rant

So a few questions:

1. Is there anything else i should look for that may be wrong with the bike?

2. Am i justified being angry with this place?

3. Where can i get those bolts/screws w/e for the seat?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
That does'nt sound unreasonable to me, if I buy from a dealership or have my bike worked on at a shop I'd expect not to have any loose ends like fuel lines and seat bolts. They made good on the stator though, I'll give em that one, they should have checked the voltage with it running to see if was putting out rather than just slapping a battery charger on it to get it out of the door.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hell yeah your right to be ****** off, they suck and deserve a brick thru the window

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, a new chapter in this ongoing saga. Apparently when my brother went to pick up the bike yesterday it wasn't finished, but the people who work there didn't realize that, so they gave it to him anyway. So the only reason the bike was even running was becuz they put a new battery on it, but the stator was still bad. thats also why the seat wasn't bolted on. So now i got to bring the bike back in the morning for them to finally fix it. Btw imagine how i felt after riding the bike for two hours last night, then waking up to a voicemail that went something like this "this is whoever from extreme powersports, DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE, it is not finished yet......" Yeah that was a wonderful feeling.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
So after giving this a long deep though, my recommendation is:
Wheelie the bike through the front window, demand your money back, punch the first person you see, throw a match, walk out.

But seriously, I was walking around that place a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like anyone that worked there was the slightest bit interested in taking care of a customer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wheelie the bike through the front window, demand your money back, punch the first person you see, throw a match, walk out.
+1

I hate dealers like that. I bought new tires from a dealer a while back and the guy that put them on was talking **** to me about my bike in the process.

Screw 'em!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got my first used bike, a Ninja 250, from a dealer. I had nothing but problems with the bike in the 4 weeks I owned it. It broke down 3 or 4 times leaving me stranded. When I took it back to the dealer they couldn't explain the problem. The last time it was there I went in and calmly explained why I was so upset with everything. The owner said he fully under stood and said he would give me all of my money back. In addition he said if I wanted I could purchase any bike he had in the store for his cost or take my money else where. Thats how I got my SV and I have been a regular customer there for the past 5 years.

I think in the case of my experience it was an honest mistake and they made things right with me so its hard to stay upset. I would try to stay calm and see what they will do for you. If they really are that bad get what you can and never go back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts