Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered my new 05 sv650 from a dealer in NC and the bike was supposed to be here (gainesville, fl) today, but it is not arriving until tomo now, thats not too bad tho.  what is bad is that they arent actually delivering it to gainesville, but to ocala which is 40 miles away.  that is unacceptable imo, if i am to pay freight charges, it should at least arrive in my own town that is a reasonable drive.  i do not have the gear for the highway or enough driving experience to drive it that kind of distance.  the dealer tried to tell me that there is no frieght delivery places in gainesville, but i know that is BS bc i just looked them up in the yellow pages. 

·
Registered
364 Posts
Make the dealer go get it. Around here they have pick up trucks at most dealerships and they are always trading stock back and fourth. Make them do the running around.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah im sorry i didnt clarify. I live in gainesville ,florida ( i forgot that this forum doesnt have that info in the side bar). So it was delivered to me from NC, but not really to me bc it is 40 miles away.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah this will not fly with me, i will have him delivered to my residence if it comes to it

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds to me like you were trying to save a buck and got bit. You bought a bike from a dealer three states away and didn't expect complications? I hope you don't need to get service /warranty work from your local Suzi dealer...

Perhaps you can get a friend to ferry it home for you?

:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why should there be a problem getting warranty work done at a local dealer? shouldnt it apply at any suzuki dealer? yes i have friend that can ferry it back for me, but he is out of town for a while.

·
Registered
359 Posts
pgmike said:
So i ordered my new 05 sv650 from a dealer in NC and the bike was supposed to be here (gainesville, fl) today, but it is not arriving until tomo now, thats not too bad tho.  what is bad is that they arent actually delivering it to gainesville, but to ocala which is 40 miles away.  that is unacceptable imo, if i am to pay freight charges, it should at least arrive in my own town that is a reasonable drive.  i do not have the gear for the highway or enough driving experience to drive it that kind of distance.  the dealer tried to tell me that there is no frieght delivery places in gainesville, but i know that is BS bc i just looked them up in the yellow pages. 
Why did you not just get it from streit's? They seemed very hungy for a sale a month ago.
http://www.streits.com/default.asp

When you do get it, drop me a line. It would nice to ride with someone while I am back at school.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
streits was asking 5900 before all dealer fees, i got it for less than that even after freight charges. plus teh guys at streits are kind of shifty. when you coming back to gville?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Shifty for sure... They had a VFR there for a hella long time. I went to look at it and the thing had water in the headlight.. I was like ok. Then when they started it, the front euro light (whats the real name?) did not work. I was like why is that.. the guys give me some shit like all American bikes it does not work (HAHAHA yup) - Take down the VIN - checks out it was flooded - my guess is they just rewired it crappy...

I will be back the 19th.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pgmike said:
why should there be a problem getting warranty work done at a local dealer?  shouldnt it apply at any suzuki dealer?  yes i have friend that can ferry it back for me, but he is out of town for a while.
There shouldn't be a problem getting warranty coverage, but since you pretty much ate his lunch by going somewhere else, you're not likely to be at the top of his Christmas card list. IMO, he'll be unlikely to go to bat for you if conflicts should arise.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nc_sv650 said:
There shouldn't be a problem getting warranty coverage, but since you pretty much ate his lunch by going somewhere else, you're not likely to be at the top of his Christmas card list. IMO, he'll be unlikely to go to bat for you if conflicts should arise.

i hope that is not the case, but they do not really know me so do not really know me or that i passed on there bike (they were asking 7300 for an 05 SVS)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
pgmike said:
i hope that is not the case, but they do not really know me so do not really know me or that i passed on there bike (they were asking 7300 for an 05 SVS)
What the heck is going on with the dealers? I went last sunday to negotiate a deal with the local dealer and that is the price they came out with ...$7300 ... I looked at him like he was crazy ... it is the end of the summer, the new model year is around the corner, MSRP is 6500 and I want to buy over a grand in gear.

Man, I don't mind negotiating, but this is got to be raping the wallet.
I was so pi$$ed when I got home, that I got on the search in this board and found out about Honda East of Toledo, Ohio.

I want to do business with a local dealer, but not over 2000 bucks worth!
Hell, that will buy me a triple Penske, drop in emulators and top quality gear from head to toe.

I am going back for another try and if I get dicked like last time, I will check on another dealer 40 miles away. That one acts like this one, looks like I will be wrenching my own bike. This town has a great independent bike shop that has a great rep for repairs and maintence, what I can't handle will be brought there.

I am not a cheap ass tightwad, I got a 97 Honda Accord with almost 150K on it and I bring it to a dealer that charges almost 100 bucks an hour. Guess what .. I get my moneys worth. I KNOW I will not get screwed and they treat me like a king. And when it comes time for a new car, guess where I am going ... I don't have to shop, he is within a hundred bucks from the lowest price within 400 mile around. I won't even bother looking elsewhere. (Charles Daher's Commonwealth Motors for those in my area.)

Any advice on dealing with motorcycle dealers is appreciated.
I got a $1K suprise gift tonight and I am getting a yella S within the month! :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
get this, I have two dealers that will sell me an 05 svs for $6300 out the door,  only I cant get financing for a bike, and thats with $4000 down.  I had a BK about 4 years ago and even though my beacon is back in the 750's its a nogo for bikes(i can get 0% promos on any car or  a house for prime rate no problem).   A couple more paychecks though and I'm just going to cut a check for one... ;D Its fine anyway because I had to re-order some of my gear and wont get it for a couple weeks in the color I want anyway...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Currently said:
What the heck is going on with the dealers?  I went last sunday to negotiate a deal with the local dealer and that is the price they came out with ...$7300 ... I looked at him like he was crazy ... it is the end of the summer, the new model year is around the corner, MSRP is 6500 and I want to buy over a grand in gear.

Man, I don't mind negotiating, but this is got to be raping the wallet.
I was so pi$$ed when I got home, that I got on the search in this board and found out about Honda East of Toledo, Ohio. 

I want to do business with a local dealer, but not over 2000 bucks worth!
Hell, that will buy me a triple Penske, drop in emulators and top quality gear from head to toe.

I am going back for another try and if I get dicked like last time, I will check on another dealer 40 miles away.  That one acts like this one, looks like I will be wrenching my own bike.  This town has a great independent bike shop that has a great rep for repairs and maintence, what I can't handle will be brought there.

I am not a cheap ass tightwad, I got a 97 Honda Accord with almost 150K on it and I bring it to a dealer that charges almost 100 bucks an hour.  Guess what .. I get my moneys worth.  I KNOW I will not get screwed and they treat me like a king.  And when it comes time for a new car, guess where I am going ... I don't have to shop, he is within a hundred bucks from the lowest price within 400 mile around.  I won't even bother looking elsewhere.  (Charles Daher's Commonwealth Motors for those in my area.)

Any advice on dealing with motorcycle dealers is appreciated. 
I got a $1K suprise gift tonight and I am getting a yella S within the month!  :D
I'm buing one too and I got the invoice online for $12... Heres the scoop:

2005 SVS dealer Cost: $5478
Freight $150
Assembly cost $40

Total ready to sell cost: $5568(adjusted for bikes built after Jan 1st)
Holdback paid back to the dealer bi-annually is 3% of retail(6449) about 200 bucks.

I figured 200 over ready to sell+state taxes(3% in va)/tags/and $100 bucks to pay thier assembly guy  so I was looking to spend about $6300.

With holdback, the dealer would get a total proffit of about 500 bucks-let them figure out how they want to fit thier 'charges' in the deal.  Just call dealers when you are ready and say "I want to buy an SVS TODAY!!!  Can you do it for $$$ out the door.  Be fair, but 300 over cost (5868) + your standard taxes % and tags for your state should get a nibble from someone.   I like the yellow too(it kinda looks like a daytona with the lowers),  and most dealers around here have 3 or 4 in stock.  The blue is the 'hot' color but imho the yella looks better with the black frame(which I cant stand)....I also would throw in 'i may want to get a service plan too' and it makes them jump, but get the bike priced FIRST!!!  It doesnt hurt to call them on a tuesday or wednesday or on a rainy day.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i talked with the sales manager, he acted like an immature jerky 18yo and pretty much was yelling at me over the phoen so i have to pick it up after all. i am calling hte general manager on monday and letting him know the situation and how one of his employees conducted himself.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you mind if I ask you which NC dealer this was? Don't answer if you don't want to.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Ricky Hendrick's Performance Honda Suzuki Aprilia" -no point in trying to talk to the owner (God rest his soul...). Maybe you could express your dissatisfaction to their home office, now that they're part of Hendrick's automotive which is huge in the Carolinas. Hendrick's doesn't have the greatest reputation. IIRC, R.H. sr. did some time a few years back for juggling titles (could be wrong on that).

Sorry you got screwed.

:(

[url]http://nitra.hendrickdealer.com/honda-performance/en_US/f_HomePage_1.chtml[/url]

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the info. i picked it up today and they did not include the papers for the registration so we drove 40 miles home with no tag dodging the cops, jumping off the road everytime we saw one. it was very annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts