Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have posted this a few weeks ago, but O'Riellys has Rotella T6 on sale for $19.99 per gallon. That's about $7 less than Walmart. The sale price applies through June 12.

Get it while it's cheap! Limit 12 gallons. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Post this in the slick deals thread also

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Just out of curiosity, anyone know if this stuff is good for our bikes too?

It's like $18 at advance auto

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
^^^ If that "reduced engine wear" is due to friction modifiers (SG rating, IIRC), then, no. It will make your wet clutch slip.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Always buy the stuff in the blue bottle! That stuff's great. :D
This stuff specifically???

Cfreger,
that's what I was wondering though from what I've read, even this variety doesn't have friction modifiers. I may end up calling shell directly.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Ok, just got off phone with shell technical support and dude says the 15w-40 (specifically this ONE called out among all conventional rotella varieties) and the T6 are recommended for use in motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
7,038 Posts
Rotella is rated JASO-MA, which means it has been certified for wet clutches. There are also oils that will work safely (no modifiers), but have not gone through the certification process.

Generally, if it doesn't say "Energy Conserving" at the bottom of the API donut, it's not going to have Friction Modifiers. API recently changed to "Resource Conserving" from "Energy Conserving", and some oils that previously had nothing at the bottom now have "Resource Conserving" - so it's getting more complicated.

I need to figure out what the new term means exactly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts