Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am selling rear sets for sv650. they "might" fit the sv1000 not 100% yet so what i am looking to do is this. i will do a set for 200+shipping if they dont fit well send them back and you will get your money back . :) cant beat the deal. see the forsale form for pic's and stuff ..

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
111 Posts
He never answered my OM or e-mail. I was just trying to help him out, I didn't want to buy them. I was going to return them once I new if they fit or not.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am sorry i never replied to your e mail man i meant to i just got busy with people . :) i know you where trying to help me out and appreciate it . i was waiting to hear back from Chris about it . the way he left it to me was th the way i told it to you . it was his company not mine so that is how i handled it ..

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's all good.

I was trying to keep my reply short and sweet and it seems like it came across short. Didn't mean it to.

I just don't ride quite hard enough to justify rearsets yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's cool man :) i am sure you will soon enough ;) plus they look sweeeet 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
FYI!

You can put SV650 stock rearsets on an SV1000S but have to do a slight modification to the rear brake return spring.

Hope that helps somewhat! I would imagine there wouldn't be any major issue with fitting them.

Cheers

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that is good to know :) there isnt a return spring with the rear sets :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Mike hey have you seen this before ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
You, my friend, have a very nice shock! However, much you paid, you got a deal! Did you have any trouble getting the reservoir on the subframe? I found the hose to be kind of a pain in the a$$.

Nice rearsets on that bike too. What kind are they?

All you need now is to switch to GP shift. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehehhehe i did get a deal on it how did you know ;) i got the hook up , hopefully by this winter , i will get a hook up on a motor that has 88hp should be a lot of fun on the street/track. ;) ya getting the reservoir was a pain i am not sure i like it there but i don't know where else to put it . i want it to be in a safer place. the line needs to be longer. the rear are made by OFS Gp shifting is next hopefully today if i can get to my bike today .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know how you feel, I like the Penske, but the reservoir seems a little exposed.

I think an 88 hp motor would go great with that bike! :D I can't support that shopping list more strongly. 8)

You'll like GP shift. Moreover, when you finally get that thing to Loudon you will find you need GP shift. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will ;) and i am sure i will be in touch soon ;D anyway back on topic there has to be a sv1000 out there that wants to take advantage of this deal ;)

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Sorry to bump this but does anyone know if SV100S rearsets will fit on a naked SV650?

·
Registered
111 Posts
jeopardy98 said:
Sorry to bump this but does anyone know if SV100S rearsets will fit on a naked SV650? 
Yes, the bolt patterns are the same on the second generation bikes. The only difference is in the years, the newer models have foot pegs that are lower and I think forward a little.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
So what is the deal and is it still going on?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry man that deal is long over ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts