Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been awhile since I've posted...Well anyway last weekend just taking a cruise around some mts. and I look down and notice my trip meter didn't gain any miles, than I noticed the speedo was dead at 0 while I was cruising at 70.

Well anyway my Hanes manual says check the speed sensor first, then wires, then replace the speedo which includes the entire front unit I'm guessing?

Anyway, I need to get a front stand before I can test the speed sensor and thought I would post here for any ideas, tips, past experiences. Well thanks for anyone's tips and advice.

I have an '02 S model (US model) with just over 10k miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
i think some people have used a ladder as an a-frame, you could also slap somthing together out ov 2x4's if you have the tools.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hey all, been awhile since I've posted...Well anyway last weekend just taking a cruise around some mts. and I look down and notice my trip meter didn't gain any miles, than I noticed the speedo was dead at 0 while I was cruising at 70.

Well anyway my Hanes manual says check the speed sensor first, then wires, then replace the speedo which includes the entire front unit I'm guessing?

Anyway, I need to get a front stand before I can test the speed sensor and thought I would post here for any ideas, tips, past experiences. Well thanks for anyone's tips and advice.

I have an '02 S model (US model) with just over 10k miles.

I had two times that my speedo stopped working...couldn't figure it out...thought it was a bad connection...

so when i took my bike in to have the front tire replaced, they gave me my bike back with a baggy filled with greasy little plastic "teeth" that used to be part of my speed sensor assembly...lol. Needless to say, I had to order a new assembly and now it works fine again. woohoo! My local dealer price-matched Oneida Suzuki's online prices...so it saved me $50.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Like the previous poster stated it's probably just the magnet in the speed sensor came apart. I had it happen on my 02 last year. It's a pretty simple fix.

I rent an apartment with a garage and I've done the supending the bike from the rafters. Works pretty good, but not the most stable I try not to get the bike any farther off of the ground than I have to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts