Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this K&N filter and I was surprised to see that it has a snorkel.

Question 1: Should I hack it or leave it?
Question 2: If you say leave it, do you think I will? :lol:

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
i de-snorkeled a stock filter, and without rejetting, it ran like crap over 5k or WOT. i figured it was most likely a lean condition.

I would think the desnorkeled k&n would produce the same results

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dackler said:
i de-snorkeled a stock filter, and without rejetting, it ran like crap over 5k or WOT. i figured it was most likely a lean condition.

I would think the desnorkeled k&n would produce the same results
I'm already running a de-snorkled stock filter and it's been re-jetted. I also have the cams recently installed and I've got larger main jets sitting on my table waiting to be installed.

N

·
0 Posts
Did you get this filter new? Apparently there were two versions of the K&N; I think the first version had a smaller inlet and caused problems. IIRC, there might have been something about this in the tips n' tricks section.

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a desnorkled K&N running on top of Ivan's kit (150 mains, stock pilots, new needles, 3.5 turns out).....highly recommended.

·
Registered
290 Posts
jakeway said:
I have a desnorkled K&N running on top of Ivan's kit (150 mains, stock pilots, new needles, 3.5 turns out).....highly recommended.
Stock or aftermarket exhaust?

I am currently running stock ex. and want to aftermarket when budget allows. I already have a jet kit (an old K&N, that apparently was produced by dyno jet). and not sure what to do right now. I even bought an extra set of carbs just to go back and forth easier and for extra parts(only $50--hell i spent that on one diaphragm for my old 350).

Need some jet advice or should i just shim for now?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
knee-dragger777 said:
Stock or aftermarket exhaust? 

I am currently running stock ex. and want to aftermarket when budget allows.  I already have a jet kit (an old K&N, that apparently was produced by dyno jet). and not sure what to do right now.  I even bought an extra set of carbs just to go back and forth easier and for extra parts(only $50--hell i spent that on one diaphragm for my old 350).

Need some jet advice or should i just shim for now?
I desnorkled the K&N which was also an old model. It flowed almost as well as a desnorkled OEM filter.

Desnorkle one of your filters, 3 turns on the A/F screw, 2 shims and 150 main jets should do it for you with an otherwise stock bike...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks donniej!

I appreciate the help. I just gave you some good Karma. (for whatever that is worth).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts