Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading down to DC to shoot the cherry blossoms this weekend (4/4, 4/5).

I'm not sure which day I'll go, but the weather reports are saying great weather for it. Last year sucked a dirty bung. Great closeups with water droplets on the petals, but no 'big' pics because of the fog and drizzle.

Anybody want to join me? I'll be taking the Metro down. I'll be carrying my camera, lenses, and a tripod. I expect I'll be down for two-three hours, mid day to get over-head light.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I'm going to pick up my kids 11 April, and will probably be on the mall sometime the following week. We need to go to the spy museum and up the GW Monument. It'll be past peak, though.

The ones on my street just exploded in the last couple of days. They are beautiful, but cherry blossoms and rain made my car look like a parade float last year. Glad I got the garage operational now.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not sure what Im doing saturday but sunday me and the gf are planning on taking our daughter to the zoo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was just there last weekend visiting from MN, just starting to bloom when I went down to the mall. Wish I could have seen it in peak!

Have fun, post pics!

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Sry brad. This weekend is reserved for a night of knights and princesses (medieval times that is).

We need to go to the spy museum and up the GW Monument.
Make sure to buy the spy package tickets!!! It's so much fun to be a spy lol. Seriously, it's a really fun time for family/friends.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought you were rolling down there for the Cherry Blossoms tournament in DC when I saw the title. Sounds like a good ride, though.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I didn't get too many "great" shots; there were just too many people milling about. That'll be the last time I go on a weekend...

My 'net connection is dead for now at home. I'm waiting for a tech to come out tomorrow to fix it. After that I'll post up pics.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well, I didn't get too many "great" shots; there were just too many people milling about. That'll be the last time I go on a weekend...

My 'net connection is dead for now at home. I'm waiting for a tech to come out tomorrow to fix it. After that I'll post up pics.
Sounds like a typical cherry blossom weekend.

What kind of internet do you have? I am a serv tech

1 - 20 of 20 Posts