Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Speed NOW

The Buell looks real good. The torque is killin the inline guys out of the corners. They are getting a great drive off the corners with the Buell.

Should be a great race.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
How dunny was it when the Buell rider shoved one of the mechanics out of the way and started duck taping the air intake himself? The mechanic was taping it straight up to the side of the cowling, FFS.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to see a good showing by the Buell, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I didn't get the first 20 laps taped. I'm sad. What happened to the guy who started #2 on pole? I won't list his name as to not spoil it for anyone.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get the first 20 laps taped. I'm sad. What happened to the guy who started #2 on pole? I won't list his name as to not spoil it for anyone.
That was the cat on the Buell, right?

He had right side bodywork come loose, and all the time spent on pit road killed his race.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Well crapola. He's an Okie. Was really pulling for him.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Someone. Take everyone at DMG. Line them up. Shoot them. Please...:mad:

Saddest excuse for a professional race that I've seen.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was really bummed to see the fairing come loose on the Buell, and his crew handled it TERRIBLY. I mean honestly, how long does it take to throw some duct tape around it and GO?

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Great race. By the racers at least. How about Josh Hayes' wife, Melissa Pairs? Shes freakin fast! Oh and she happens to be pretty hot too! But I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
That "safety car" looked extremely .... wait for it .... unsafe!

Anyone notice Tommy Aquino get knocked off by riders bunching up at speed behind the pace car goin in to the chicane?

Not only did the safety car cause mass confusion in the running order (was Bostom in first place or last?) but it seemed to cause a variety of dangerous moments as well.

I am certain that more than one crash was caused by the safety car ..

And then the lights went out in the chicane! Yikes ..

The whole race looked poorly planned.

Not to mention the lack of top talent in the field. They cant even arrange for the AMA's top riders to compete in the 200 let alone bring in World class riders from abroad?

Oh Daytona .. you have gone from greatness to irrelevance to pathetic.

A sad spectacle indeed ..

Also ... Freddie Spencer belongs in rehab ... not in the broadcast booth. Has he lost his marbles or what? He was worse then Greg White .. which is really saying something.

PS .. On one high note, anyone catch Ben Bostrom yank that bad arse wheelie coming out of the chicane on the last lap! Best moment of the race ...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the safety car of death does not help racing. the first time it was sent out, they did like 3 laps without the safety car in front of the leader and there were no crashes. then they wave boz past the next time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I enjoyed the first laps when the Yamahas and the Buell were racing wheel to wheel. Then when Eslik pitted, it only got worse after that. When the Safety Car got involved, it was over as far as being entertaining to me.
I was waiting for BBoz to pit with that green light lit on the front of his R6 the last laps as well :). He does do his best as far as staying upbeat and promoting the series,no matter how lousy it is.
The near empty stands are always embarrassing to see being televised.This was overall another disappointing 200.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I personally don't like buell's but it sucked for barne's that his mechanics took so long to fix it. I kept wondering why the didn't just rip off the fairing but then my dad pointed out that if you look closely the whole rad was loose inside the fairing.

I feel really bad for Josh Hayes. He was running a solid race and then with 3 to go he get bit again. Altho i was glad to see bostrom win.

Disappointed to see that Roger Hayden wasn't racing. They don't know the real reason yet other than "personal issues"

I have no idea what DMG has done to the classes. I don't understand how you set up the rules so that there is a 1000 and 1125 machines running with the 600's. I get the 675 and the 848 but i don't understand the "liter bikes". I hope the season get sorted out and is a waste of time but at this point it really seems like DMG has screwed up the AMA.

And lastly why the h3ll is speed only playing the 200 race. What about supersport and superbike?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts