Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday my wife kicks me out of the house and tells me I that I need to go for a ride since it has been a while since my day trip. :eek:ccasion14: Oh, I get instructions on no fast food. I have to eat at a real restaurant. I love my wife!

So I decide to go east and go to Bend, OR. My route would be basic, just down hwy 22/20 and back. This would be just to try something new. I have never road a motorcycle to Bend and this would be the farthest east this bike has even been.

So I left around noon because this was a spontaneous trip. Traffic was fairly light and the day was nice. This is a busy road so I was constantly finding my self behind a slow vehicle, but I didn't care as I was just enjoying the ride. There were lots of other motorcyclist on the road.

I took my first break at Detroit, OR. I purchased some power aid and walked around a little. Then back on the saddle to continue my ride. I made it to hwy 20 and through Sisters. This part of the ride I found my self just in awe of natures beauty. The clouds where gone and one could see all the mountains. After Sisters I took another stop and snapped this shot.

Now it was off to Bend. It was a short trip from Sisters. I decided to first head to Pilot Butte State Park. This is a park on a large butte in the middle of Bend (though when I grew up it seemed it was on the edge). This ride is a little cool since you wind your way around the butte as you go up.

I snapped some more photos

After my ride up I went looking for lunch. I decided to go to Bends Downtown area. I parked my bike, stored the gear and went walking for lunch. Great are to walk, but I wasn't finding anything I wanted to eat. I had made my way around and back to my bike with no luck. That is when a restaurant caught my eye and so I took a look. Turned out it wasn't a place I wanted to eat either. So I turned around and say a nice black 1st gen setting in a parking lot near by. That is when I noticed a bunch of other sport bikes and adventure bikes at this restaurant called Bend Brewing Company.

So that is where I ate lunch. It was a packed place and the only seating was at the bar. So I didn't get a chance to meet any other riders. But the beer was great and so was the food. I would recommend this place and want to come again.

After lunch I just walked around for a while to work off the beer before I headed back home. The trip home was the same as on the way up. It was nice to have a trip that had the theme of relax and then to have everything line up to make it happen. Also I love my wife who supports my riding :hug:

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you would like to extend your trip someday let me know and I can show you some of the local roads and surrounding area. Lots of good riding and Bend is the edge of population.
Glad you had fun, it was a nice day to ride!

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I need to go for a long ride. Or put my bicycle on the back and go to Portland.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Just got back from a three day Portland trip. Took Thu-Fri off and booked a motel room.
Thursday I went down through Shelton and Black lake road from Oly to Littlerock.
then down 12 to Old 99 and Centralia/ Chehalis. Jackson Hwy through Tenino then to I5 the rest of the way to Portland.

Friday I took a tour around Mt Hood. 26 to Govt Camp and Hood Lodge.
Then 216 to meet up with 197 north to The Dalles.
There was fresh chip seal from the junction with 26 through the trees to Juniper Flat Market. About 30 to 40 miles.
From The Dalles I took the old 30 route through the Rowena Loops for the bucket list.
Then off an on 30 where it was still there and back to Portland.

Rowena Loops (edit to add pictures I didn't have off the phone yesterday)

This morning I took 14 up the north side of the river to Carson.
Up Wind River Hwy to Cougar then on to Woodland and I5.
Pretty much blasted up I5 to Oly then 101 to Shelton, Bremerton, Poulsbo and the rock.

Didn't want to waste the good weather.

The Cougar at Cougar (it's bronze)

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Digasi, Subdude, Prodigy, will any of you let me sleep in your garage if I ever drop by Oregon to have a nice ride? ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts