Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the bars, and everything went smoothly. But, now all the other switches: brake lights, turn signals, horn, are fine, but when I pull in the clutch and thumb the starter....nothing. I've gone through all I can think of (pinched wires, clutch actuator switch, kill switch, fuses...) I'm at a loss and am scratching a bald-spot into my skull. Any thoughts as to what I'm missing here? (Yes, it's out of gear & the kickstand is down ;)

(Oh, it's an '02650N)
TIA
-- C.J.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any thoughts as to what I'm missing here? (Yes, it's out of gear & the kickstand is down ;)

(Oh, it's an '02650N)
TIA
-- C.J.
Possibility that the switch for the kickstand is bad?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'll be darned. I put everything back on, and it started right up! I re-worked some wires (better position) and she fired right up! Out for a test drive...thanks guys!

-- C.J.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Threadjack.

Hey Donnie, could you elaborate on this? I've tried contact cleaner on the terminals, yet still have the problem.
What exactly do you want to know? How to bypass it? Just connect the 2 wires together.

If it's not starting check your kickstand switch and kill switch. Not trying to call you stupid, but those are common mistakes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My bike does start, sometimes right away, sometimes after 10 minutes of messing with that plug. As someone who hasn't dealt with electrical issues in the past, I would just like to know where this paper clip bypass is to be placed. At the female end of the plug to bridge between the terminals? That was my first thought. But I want to be sure before I try it.

I discounted the possibility of the kickstand switch being the problem because I never had to mess with it to get the bike started, and my kill switch is always in the on position.

Are there any other places to check? Thanks Bossman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts