Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Danmoto JISU Picture 2nd gen?

9K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  gabe5512 
#1 ·
I've searched around here and the closest thing I found was a photoshop'd picture of this slip-on on a 2nd gen. Someone on youtube posted a video of this but didn't get a good angle of how it looks on the bike. I really like the look of the Vance and Hines CS One but compared to the price of the JISU, it's hard to make the plunge on the VH. Anyways, I'm hoping the few people out there that have the JISU on a 2nd gen will post a picture here. I may just have to say screw it and purchase the JISU. If I do, I'll make sure to post a picture.

#11 ·
Was sold with this exhaust based on the pictures above. Bought and installed it. Here is the black version an a K5. Sound is fantastic and isn't annoying at all at cruising speeds. The bracket that came with the kit was a bit of a PITA to deal with. Had to cut it down a bit. Overall build quality is good and like I said, the sound is awesome. You'll get some popping while decel/downshifting. I hear that's normal.

Pics...

Sorry for the low-light garage pics. If anyone wants some daylight pics, I can provide them. The back end looks identical to the pictures from antrat.

#15 ·
I haven't noticed any power loss. At the very least, it feels like power gains! But I'm sure that's all seat-of-the-pants.

For AntRat: I'm noticing a small leak from the back cap of the can. It's small but condensation and air can be seen coming from this location. Do you have any of these issues or is this standard with cans?

#21 ·
looks like a V&H CS1 exhaust. Wonder how they sound compared to each other. I can't wait till I get mine tomorrow. Going to have to go find the UPS guy as he usually gets on base in the morning but doesn't start making it to the residential part of the base until the afternoon. Hope he will give me my exhaust out of his truck when I find him....

#22 ·
The sole reason I bought this can over the V&H CS1 is because of the price. My first pick was the CS1 but it is 3 times the cost of the JISU.

Also, this kinda blows but my new can also has a leak. I'm just assuming that they all have a leak at this point. I don't think I'll go through the hassle of returning for another one. Kinda lame but whatever. Still sounds and looks great!

#24 ·
The caps on the can are riveted. Would be a bit of a mess to try to pull the caps off. I could try to squeeze some high temp sealant into the space between the can and the cap but I'm not sure the black stuff is high temp enough. I used the Copper sealant for the slip on part but that stuff is orange and would look really bad exposed. Let us know if your JISU has a leak after you install it. Basically, turn the bike on and feel around the can towards the back. You'll feel the air coming out around the cap if there's a leak.

#30 ·
Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Jisu over a delk

I'm a little worried about the leak issue. Is danmoto aware of this and have they fixed it or am I likely to receive a leaky can?

is the install story pretty much the same? Cut the stock pipe at ~50mm above the Y weld, RTV Copper silicone, pipe clamp onto the header, but then springs instead of another clamp at the muffler? Do you still silicone around the muffler and connecting pipe? Do the springs work just as well as a pipe clamp?

#31 ·
Man I put my V&H CS1 on last night and OMG (as the kids say) does this exhaust sound GOOD. It sounds so grunty down low, and doesn't get annoying up high. I took her out on the H3 today and went through the tunnel and dropped it a gear and man the whole tunnel just lit up and sounded so good. Love this exhaust.

Sorry for the thread jack.

#32 ·
No worries. The CS1 has been labeled as a competitor to the JISU so it's good to get some feedback on it.

In other news, got the new JISU and it, as well, has a leak. Danmoto has been good with me so far and have offered to exchange this one, too. Still not sure it's worth the time and effort. Even with the small leak, the sound is great and I still love the look. Wish they could just get a hold on their Q&A so it survives shipping (looks as if the issues happen during shipping).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.