Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around here and the closest thing I found was a photoshop'd picture of this slip-on on a 2nd gen. Someone on youtube posted a video of this but didn't get a good angle of how it looks on the bike. I really like the look of the Vance and Hines CS One but compared to the price of the JISU, it's hard to make the plunge on the VH. Anyways, I'm hoping the few people out there that have the JISU on a 2nd gen will post a picture here. I may just have to say screw it and purchase the JISU. If I do, I'll make sure to post a picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just read up on the TPS mod you told me about, i'm guna have a go doing it at weekend thanks for the heads up, I'll post the other exhaust vid as soon as I've done it. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aww. You Brits have the best plastic accessories for the SV :( So hard to get them for a reasonable price here in the US.
I must admit there's is plenty of gadgets and bits for the sv here my friend, shocked you struggle in the US though! Maybe an opportunity for me to buy some here and start selling some overseas who knows mate

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was sold with this exhaust based on the pictures above. Bought and installed it. Here is the black version an a K5. Sound is fantastic and isn't annoying at all at cruising speeds. The bracket that came with the kit was a bit of a PITA to deal with. Had to cut it down a bit. Overall build quality is good and like I said, the sound is awesome. You'll get some popping while decel/downshifting. I hear that's normal.

Pics...

Sorry for the low-light garage pics. If anyone wants some daylight pics, I can provide them. The back end looks identical to the pictures from antrat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Danmoto is great for the price. Only real issue I have seen with them is the springs go missing... So I assume they are bending or breaking.? So just keep an eye on those.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Danmoto is great for the price. Only real issue I have seen with them is the springs go missing... So I assume they are bending or breaking.? So just keep an eye on those.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
experience any power loss at certain rpm's?
I haven't noticed any power loss. At the very least, it feels like power gains! But I'm sure that's all seat-of-the-pants.

For AntRat: I'm noticing a small leak from the back cap of the can. It's small but condensation and air can be seen coming from this location. Do you have any of these issues or is this standard with cans?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't noticed any power loss. At the very least, it feels like power gains! But I'm sure that's all seat-of-the-pants.

For AntRat: I'm noticing a small leak from the back cap of the can. It's small but condensation and air can be seen coming from this location. Do you have any of these issues or is this standard with cans?
Glad you noticed the leak as I missed it haha I gave it a few taps with a rubber mallet and it seems to have stopped the leak but if it happens again I'll contact the seller about a replacement as its guaranteed for a year I think, thanks again!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad you noticed the leak as I missed it haha I gave it a few taps with a rubber mallet and it seems to have stopped the leak but if it happens again I'll contact the seller about a replacement as its guaranteed for a year I think, thanks again!!
Contacted Danmoto and they said they'll fix/replace the exhaust if I send it back to them. Is your leak right on top like mine? From what Danmoto told me, sounds like they seal it with some type of sealant.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Contacted Danmoto and they said they'll fix/replace the exhaust if I send it back to them. Is your leak right on top like mine? From what Danmoto told me, sounds like they seal it with some type of sealant.
Got the can back and I'm fairly positive it's a brand new can. Was wrapped in the bubble wrap with Japanese letters on it. Pretty cool customer service. Paid about $20 for shipping and get a brand new can. Good stuff.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts