Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the site but have read and gathered information for months, just wanted to share my thoughts on some products and modifications. I bought the slip on from ebay for less than $200, so I didn't expect much from it. But after reading some other reviews on it, I decided to give it a shot before I forked out twice that on a "name" brand. All I can say is wow. The product arrived quickly and the carbon fiber weave looks excellent. After 6 months, it shows no signs of yellowing or oxidation. It sounds incredible; I'll include a clip, but the camera's audio does not do the product justice. And I realize the video says the bike is for sale, but it is not. My video editing skills have become rusty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is that without the baffle? Power commander? I ask cause I got the same year and same slip-on but the dealer recommended that I use the PC cause they heard people have burned up engines using the danmoto. They say it makes the engine run hot cause they are too open. I baffled mine so that I do not lose too much back pressure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That's crap. No slip on is going to make the engine run lean enough to cause serious engine damage.

To achieve maximum gains and the smoothest throttle response with no dips in the power curve, yes a power commander is a good idea.

That pipe looks/sounds great btw!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, I'll second that. Slips wont affect airflow enough to call for a power commander, or any air/fuel adjustment. I'd be wary of that dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also bought one of these last week. Install wasnt the easiest but i did it in about ~1hr. Sounds like a sweet harley. I always get looks from other harley riders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts