Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like certain ICON gear. I actually want both of the helmets in the video, the Variant and the Airframe Construct. Their gloves and other gear can be a little on the skimpy side for sure, but I have heard good things of their helmets. I had a chance to handle a carbon fiber ICON helmet and man that thing was LIGHT! It was crazy light. ICON has always done a good job of marketing towards squids and those who ride to look cool.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I like my jacket but I had to de-Iconize it.

Liked the first part of the video how he kept it upright in all situations.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ha, HJC makes Icon's lids.
yeah, and VW makes the Bugatti Veyron.

I wear an Icon textile in the summer months, sure it's not the worlds greatest jacket but it fit the price and I like the look (something that I can't say about most motorcycle jackets). Over all the gear is decent, you can find better and you can find worse.

As for them selling to the "stunter"/"squid" market, so what? Whats wrong with a company trying to put gear on people who are notoriously associated with not wearing gear? :dontknow:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I actually really want a Variant but I don't know if they fit and the store near me doesn't seem to carry them.
you don't have a Cycle Gear nearby? I hate that they don't carry many brands in store but I LOVE the fact that you can get them to order you something and then just not buy it if it's not what you wanted.

I really like the style of the Variant, but I don't know how that huge wind sail of a visor would work out on the highway...

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Pretty good video IMO. Markets their product well and shows the reasons to wear it. Win Win for Icon.

As for their products... You get what you pay for. No, it may not be the best, but it is certainly a better option than nothing for people who can't afford better, or consider style an important part riding.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts