Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I washed my bike today and decided to go for a ride....it was nice going on the freeway,then I was riding on the street when I heard a tickling sound. I stopped and look everywhere didn't find anything...when to the gas station filled up and again tickling sound...stopped and looked everywhere and found this on me rear tire.

I was lucky I found a tire shop open (most of them were closed) where they did the plug thingy.
From now on I'll carry one of those kits (a MUST for me now)

Question: I can ride like that, right? I mean tire got fixed. Or would I have to get a new tire? Sounds kind of dumb but I just want to make sure. (safety first)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Check your pressure a few times in the next week, if you are losing pressure I would replace. If the plug holds air I would ride it till the tire wears out. Others might tell you to replace it.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Did they plug it from the inside (mushroom plug) or with a plug from the outside? I treat the mushroom plugs as fit and forget, and just ride normally after but I'm less keen on the external fit ones (the air pressure keeps internal plugs in place) They're still pretty reliable, though.

At the end of the day, plugs aren't explosive- if they fail, you get the exact same puncture back which you had before. So my rule's very simple, if the original puncture was terrifying, I don't patch ;D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did it from the outside. it was an car tire shop and they said they only would do that because they didn't want to mess with anything (they don't expect motorcycles to go there) . I've done them before and never have problems (only on cars tho) hopefully it holds good, and if it losses pressure I just put more air on it...lol...don't really feel like buying a tire....that tire I got is NEW!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts