Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I know this is mostly a forum for the SV-650 but I want you to know that I'm looking for a 2005 or 2004 SV -1000 to test fit my new dual high pipe slip-ons to. I have a set all ready that I prototyped on my 2003 model and have started to sell , but as you know they changed the sub frame a bit in 2004 so I need to be sure they fit perfect before I sell any to the 04 or 05 1000 owners.

I'm 98% sure they will in fact fit perfect other than I may have to make new hanger brackets. If anyone here owns one or knows of a buddy in the Bay area in CA. I will offer a $100.00 discount on the set for using the bike a few days.

All I need to do is check the fitment and maybe make some new brackets. I will also take some new photos of the bike when completed.

You can see this new set on my web site in the SV-1000 section at www.holeshot.com

Thanks and ride safe

Dale :)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gonzo221 said:
how about a set for the 650 man? They would sell like chocolate covered crack.....mmmmm,, now I'm hungry.  :p
+1 Dale, either that or I will be calling you this winter to help me out, and buy my specs :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dual High Pipes for the 650s PLEASE DALE! :) We already love you, but if you made duals for the 650, you would get quite a few sales on them I believe (me included) :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is what is a person willing to pay for a SV-650 dual high pipe set ?

They get real expensive to produce guys

Dale

:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
For a dual high pipe sv650 set up you would proubly have to make a full system. I'm all the way accros the country in Maine the naked 03 sv1000 has the lower seat hight and subframe as the 2004 or at least mine does my seat is deffinatly lower than my 03 sv650. I plan on buying just a set of bolt ons though because i carry a passanger ocasionaly and i allready have a fender eliminator that I made and short stalk blinkers. If I can help by giving you any measuments or anything let me know.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well, I already have the highmount, I could always sell it to a fellow board member and then buy the high mount. I would really consider it :) I'm going to e-mail you tonight about ordering a black high-mount for my '02. Would you consider producing them if we did some kind of group buy?

Thanks again Dale,
Jason

·
Registered
551 Posts
dale...man...u have to make the dual pipe for the sv650 :). sign me up for a set right now.
judging by the number of responses to that query alone, id would say they are worth making. maybe its possible to make an expansion kit, for highmount kit you already have. is there any way a second pipe could be bolted of welded on to make a dual highmount? i would really prefer the dual low mount.... ;D ;D ;D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a couple SV- 1000s lined up now so thanks guys. I will really need to think about the 650 dual set up. If it cost $800 to $1000 they wont sell enough to justify my expense.

Dont want to make a full SV-650 system

Cheers Dale ;)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Dale Walker said:
I have a couple SV- 1000s lined up now so thanks guys. I will really need to think about the 650 dual set up. If it cost $800 to $1000  they wont sell enough to justify my expense.

Dont want to make a full SV-650 system

Cheers  Dale  ;)
That's about what the Renegades sell for, and right now I think they're the only ones making dual high mounts for the six-fiddy. SO if you factor in the fact that Holeshot is already pretty much legendary among the SV crowd, you might have a winner on your hands.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
GMslave said:
Sorry, but looking at the 2 pics on the first page, I'd say Dale's setup would kick sand in IXIL's face and take their girlfriend.  :eek:
+1

·
Registered
326 Posts
GMslave said:
Sorry, but looking at the 2 pics on the first page, I'd say Dale's setup would kick sand in IXIL's face and take their girlfriend. :eek:
Did you look at the second page?

Dales setup looks hot but I don't see it happening for the reasons he has already stated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mr. Black said:
Did you look at the second page?

Dales setup looks hot but I don't see it happening for the reasons he has already stated.
but iof he did make em...they would sell like hotcakes!(yummy)
every1 would be like "ixil who?"

·
Registered
326 Posts
NOTHING that costs 800 bucks is gonna sell like hotcakes, sorry. Hell most people are pissed to pay 400 for a slip on.

·
Registered
551 Posts
800 bones is a lil steep, but this IS holeshot....has anyone ever really complained about dales craftsmenship? no.
if holeshot makes it. many will but it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts