Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speak up if you've dealt with Dale!

Yes, maybe this is a shameless plug for Holeshot, I don't care. Dale and his coworkers deserve this praise:

Every time I've dealt with Dale, I've been surprised and impressed with his level of service. Not only are his products handed crafted and assembled to impeccable standards, his attention to detail and will to please is amazing.

Lately, I've been away from the SV (until 2 days ago, I hadn't ridden for 4 weeks!), so my saddlebag project was put on hold. However, I since resumed the project. Today I realized that my passenger pegs are not symmetrical. Due to the Holeshot high mount, the right peg must be spaced out to accomodate the can.

To remedy this, I decided to move the left peg out the same distance. The machine shop I have access to is currently unavailable due to a rennovation product the science building, so I'm unable to cut spacers. I emailed Dale today and asked if I could purchase the bolts and spacers that he includes with the Holeshot high mount. Within an hour, Dale had personally emailed me back saying that he would send out the parts I needed free of charge (These don't normally come free, and I expected to pay from the start. I consider it more of a gesture of thanks for hosting the SV exhaust website featuring his product).

He also informed me that he'll be out of the office until Monday due to family complications (I don't want to publish his personal business online). I just wish the other companies could provide customer service as good and as personal as Dale does. The service alone is reason enough to purchase his products.

[Off topic] While I was typing this, I saw one of the (three) GEICO caveman commercials on TV. I love these commercials. If you reply to this thread, regarding Dale/Holeshot, feel free to comment on the cavemen too :).

N

·
0 Posts
With many of once-revered names in aftermarket stuff now producing CRAP, Holeshot is one of the good ones. I used some of his stuff on my Bandit, and I wouldn't hesitate to shop there again.

Howzat for a shameless plug?

:)

P.S. He's also a member on this -and other- boards, so he certainly qualifies as a "Man of the People"!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
dale rocks. he came through on the group buy. he called in additional help instead of making us wait for his top-notch product.

a phone call to confirm the order. another to let me know it shipped. you can't really ask for more.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should also note, the fit and finish of his exhaust on my bike is as good as the day it was new. And after almost 20,000 miles of abuse, it sounds even better.

If you're considering one of his products, go for it - you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
i don't have any holeshot products but i considered a holeslot slipon before i got my scorpion, i like dealing with a smlaller company because you get more personal service

i guess i really have nothing to say on the topic but everyone knows i have to reply to every thread :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
+ 1 Dale and Holeshot have a level of service that every business big or small should strive for. I am totally thrilled with my experience with Holeshot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Flyscreen

Just today i was a little confused about which way to mount these special rubber spacers that came with the Holeshot flyscreen. The instructions said "if you have questions feel free to give ME a call". So I called Holeshot and spoke with a woman who took my question, she said hold a moment. She came back and tried to answer it, and as she was talking a heard a man's voice in the background interrupt her, it must have been Dale. She then said hold again, and about a minute later Dale was on the phone. He totally explained the peculiar little washers and how they snug and deform as you tighten them. I was surprised I actually got to talk to Dale himself. It's just so great that a little company like that has quality products and dedication to its customers. Even when I got my receipt it said "Thanks Jeff" in cursive handwriting with a little smiley face. I thought that was pretty cool, something you wouldn't see with bigger companies. Dale is the man. :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have not bought anything from holeshot yet...i will...slip-on and fender elim... but sent an email regarding the fender elim, in a very dhort amount of time i had a personal email from dale, answearing my question.
thanx dale! you are the man...
if you are reading this. i WILL be buying from you in short order.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah, I've gotta agree... of all the shameless plugs I've seen, I have YET to see anything derrogatory or negative in nature towards Dale or Holeshot. I plan on becoming a very valuable customer in the near future (after my San Diego trip... woohooo 8) ).

·
Registered
231 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
I should also note, the fit and finish of his exhaust on my bike is as good as the day it was new. And after almost 20,000 miles of abuse, it sounds even better.

If you're considering one of his products, go for it - you won't be disappointed.
Avid,
Did you have to or have you repacked your Holeshot Exhaust during or after 20,000 miles?
Cheers! 8)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
avc8130 said:
Wow, thats pretty nice. I am pretty sure he hit Swampy for like 30$ for his spacers for the left side. Herb wasnt too happy.
ac
Well, to be fair, I have been hosting the SV650 Exhaust website (it's down, but will be back up in a week). Believe it or not, that site gets TONS of hits and eats up a about 80 gigabytes of bandwidth each month. Dale actually recieved (and still recieves) A LOT of business that mentioned the site and my write-up about the exhaust (I was one of the first few people to order the exhaust).

If you notice, I have the prototype picture of his exhaust on the front page of the exhaust site. ;)

A1A said:
Avid,
Did you have to or have you repacked your Holeshot Exhaust during or after 20,000 miles?
Cheers! 8)
No, I haven't had to repack yet. I think Dale offers a repacking service though...

·
Vendor
966 Posts
I haven't bought anything from Dale.

But the cavemen are HILARIOUS! I really like those. My other favorite Geico commercial is the Speed Racer one. Voices and everything are dead on. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I picked up a Fenda Extenda from Holeshot a while back and was very pleased with the service and product.

·
Registered
280 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
Speak up if you've dealt with Dale!
[Off topic] While I was typing this, I saw one of the (three) GEICO caveman commercials on TV. I love these commercials. If you reply to this thread, regarding Dale/Holeshot, feel free to comment on the cavemen too :).
Avid that was amazing. You highjacked your own thread in the first post.

No experience with Dale or his company, but I am shopping around for an exhaust... With that review I'll have to look more closely at the Holeshot. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have any Holeshot pieces on my SV but when I save up the cash for a can you can be sure it will be a Holeshot.
I had a Holeshot exhaust and carb kit on my 1200 bandit and was very pleased with the quality and the service. Like several others here, I had a question about something and called the shop. I was very surprised to be able to speak directly with Dale. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Walker
(not related)

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
+1 on their service and products. I recently installed his FE and it came out great.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts