Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anybody have these or have experience with these? They're pricy, but look nice and I'm sure they're of high quality. The question is whether or not they offer any real advantage to regular leather boots. (I can get made in England Docs for $60 less)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Well, just from a glance it looks like it has something in the ankle to prevent rolling which will already give you more protection over regular leather boots. It still doesn't look like much ankle support though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just from a glance it looks like it has something in the ankle to prevent rolling which will already give you more protection over regular leather boots. It still doesn't look like much ankle support though.
Looks to be more for impact protection than roll over resistance. I've also yet to find any moto boot short of a highend hard race boot that offers any real ankle support.

I love me Docs, but I wouldn't ride to the mailbox in em.
Good for you. Let's keep the discussion on topic, I don't care if you're more risk averse than I am. Everybody knows that this sort of boot isn't as protective as a knee high race boot.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I was eluding to the idea that the dainese's look to offer better protection.

You brought up Docs.

It's not my fault that you aren't smart enough to read between the lines.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was eluding to the idea that the dainese's look to offer better protection.

You brought up Docs.

It's not my fault that you aren't smart enough to read between the lines.
You were trying to escape.. boots?

Don't question my intelligence when you have the vocabulary skills of a burnout 10th grader.

And no, they don't look to offer substantially better protection than normal boots. Which is why I'm looking for first hand experience as to whether or not they actually do..

Sorry if I come off as harsh. I just kind of suspected the safety police might have crashed the thread, so.. :p

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Ha! Jeez... and I'm a writer of all things. Well it's as I say, writers have the worst spelling skill set of the gen pop, but definitely not vocabulary. At least not usually. I meant alluding, obviously.

Sorry to crap up your thread. I'm done now, but for the record I do like the Daineses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am also interested in these boots but have not heard too much about them. I like the way they look and am a fan of Dainese gear. The local Cycle Gear has a pair in stock and I am planning on taking a ride this week to check them out in person.

If you haven't seen it already, here is the Revzilla video review........

·
Registered
640 Posts
I like the way they look more like street wear, but hopefully with added protection. How much are they?

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I don't want laces on my mc boots. I don't care what they use to keep the laces in place. No laces > tucked laces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts