Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
In this country you'd get arrested and CPS would take the kids away.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not everybody is lucky to have an SUV to take the 1 or 2 kids to school. I for one can't wait to take my son to school on my bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is commonplace in many countries. I have seen 3,4 and 5 up riding on scooters in Mexico, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, etc..

In Dominican Republic, they use these scooters as taxi's. They are called Motoconchos and you can see them lined up 20-30 strong at certain bus stops.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Indians "dot not feather" have nothing on pakistanis or thai people when it comes to motohauling.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, Ive seen it many times before in pictures from other countries... seems quite a few people do it.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
This months' Motorcyclist has a story on all the crazy crap people can carry on bikes. Lots of pictures.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i've done that...
4 peeps to a 75cc scooter in Cambodia. Had room for child too.
I've personally seen as many as 6.
very common in South and Southeast Asia. It's really not that exotic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw stuff like this all the time when I was in Vietnam last summer.

small scooter/Motorcycle with husband, wife, and 2 kids..

others with cages set up to bring animals to market (chickens, duck, dogs). Definite a "cager"

Some were set up as "trucks" or 3 wheeled to haul really heavy stuff. (2 wheels in front).

And then there were some that were only bicycles because they couldnt afford a scooter.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Eh.. I saw some good ole' 100% American guy riding around the neighborhood with his two kids (they looked to be around 5 and 7 years old) on his scooter the other day.

No one was wearing helmet.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I used to see whole families on 125cc bikes or vespas or even 50cc moped scooter things in Jakarta Indonesia... sometimes they would carry enough stuff that most americans would need a SUV for.... 3 kids a baby in a sling, mom and dad, a crate of chickens and all sorts of odd crap handing off the thing....

it was pretty common to see that.... thailand was a lot the same way... actually I think that picture of the guy above with the plastic mountain on the bike was taken in Indonesia... I swear I've seen that guy before :eek:

as far as helmets go... that is rare to see in most countries outside north america and europe (well you can include Oz and NZ too)

safety is not a high priority.... just look at some of the busses

1 - 19 of 19 Posts