Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 svs and 1368 miles on it now. But anyway I was riding some good back rodes in ky and a buddy of mine noticed that part of my front tire tread was ripping of off the tire! But I bought the tire warrenty from my dealership so I am upgrading to metzlers M1's now! But damn so low of milage and tearing off the tread already? That sounds strange to me( but a justified mod to the wife :-* )
Any one else hear of this or had experiance with this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
not had any problems with my 220. It wore pretty good. I replaced it at 4000 miles because my rear was down to the wear bars. It never really had any issues. Back started to slide around a bit. I started getting use to the bike and was throttling up harder. went with pilots powers, man these are great tires. :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hmmmm. What is your normal tire pressure? Wondering if this kind of separation occurs at a certain pressure or if it was a freak occurrence...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Jimmie, you only got 4k miles out of D220s? I have 2k on a set and there is NO noticable wear and I have heard of people getting 10k out of them! You must REALLY tear it up!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
+1 got 10k on the original d220 on my 05 its real bad and i'm getting it replaced next week. but the only thing i noticed is around 7k it starts to cup pretty bad but you get used to it after a while. but i would deffinetly get other tires i like the pirreli diablo i have on the back so i'm getting one on the front and they are really good tires for the $. i paid (i think) $120-130 for the rear at cycle addicts in greenwood lake n.y. and i think he quoted me $90 for the front. plus the guys at cycle addicts are great pat and frank both raced a 1st gen sv so they know alot about what works and doesn't (lol a little advertising for them) but any way thats my story.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had just over 5K when my rear tire needed replacing. I upgraded to D208's instead. Well worth it, definitely compared to the D220. I'd only stick with the D220 if all I did was touring, but IMO, they handled a little crappy when they were new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts