Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so heres the build thread I mentioned I'd start in the intro area and here is what im starting with.

So as far as it stands now

-Speedo Drive is out
-Missing engine mount bushing on right side front cyl.
-K&N Air Filter
-M4 Slip on (love the sound)
-Unknown fender eliminator
-Pilot Power Tires in sizes 120/60 and 170/60 (Wrong size ofcourse)
-Completely stock.
-Missing left passenger rearset
-Previous owner let it down on the right side, no major damage, biggest damage id say was a broken brake lever

Heres what I plan on doing

Engine

-Tank Risers
-Mid Range V-Stacks
-Power Commander
-Ignition advance(?)
-TRE
-Rotella T6 Oil
-Engine ICE
-Full High Exhaust (Havent decided what yet, and ofcourse im limited to '03)
-Sync Throttle Bodies
-Adjust TPS
-EVO Shift kit from factory pro

Suspension

-For the moment I'd like to swap out the fork oil to the 20w (I'm 220lbs) and adjust the rear preload (previous owner has it on the softest setting, 7?) but I dont have a spanner wrench, no tool kit and I cant seem to find someone locally, I'll have to visit a shop. I'll end up settling for this setup with thicker oil and dealing with preload until I have money saved up for the racetech parts (debating that or GSXR front end) the GSXR rear wheel and probably a 2007+ GSXR 1k shock.

Tires

-With my GSXR 1100 I recently went through figuring out what tire was best for what I wanted to do, take the twistys and get good life out of the tire, I believe I've found the solution for me, Shinko 006 Podiums, I was able to lean so far over so confidently without any slippage on the front or rear with these tires and people were saying they were getting 6-8k miles out of them, and I got them for under 200 shipped new on ebay (120/70 and a 180/55) So I will definitely be going with these again.

Cosmetics/Function

-Hotbodies Under Tail kit
-Silver Star Ultra Headlights
-LED Turn Signals / Integrated Tail light
-Double Bubble Windscreen
-Paint (havent decided color yet)
-Rear Sets
-Adding the side fairings
-Clip-Ons

So far all I've done is top off the coolant, check the oil, adjust the clutch, adjust TPS, ride it over 200 miles in 2 days

Anyway thats where i am at now, ill be getting you guys more detailed pictures tomorrow!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Swapped out the coolant today for Engine ICE

during the flush and clean out calcium deposits definitely came out, glad i did it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adjusted the preload on the stock shock, previous owner had it on the softest setting, turned it to 5 and i no longer have the issue of the steering fighting me while turning, its very nice! GSXR Rear shock very soon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out bike pulled a little to the left when i let off the handle bars, did some research with my head going to the worse places of things being bent, found some info, checked the rear wheel alignment.. bike pulled to the left, the right wheel alignment adjustment nut wasnt even threaded to te swingarm or axle it was like a quarter of an inch away... smh, adjusted aligned using marks on swingarm (not perfect) and the pull to the left is gone! curing any worrys of bent parts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Created a full parts list of everything i want for and want to do to the sv, Jeeeeeeesss i cant wait till its finished one of these days here ill update the first post with everything i want for the bike, ill see if i can post some more pics tomorrow

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made the switch today to Rotella T6, and immediately upon first ride i noticed a smoother running engine, idle, and a much nicer transmission shift through each gear, forgot the pics from a week ago however i do have this one

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
08 GSXR 750 shock is a No cutting required swap!, i didnt have my tool box so it was Bolt on upgrade for me, no need to grind any bolts down, for the lower mount i used the bolt that was in the top of the gsxr shock fit perfect no clearance issues!

theres about an inch between the top of the resevoir and the battery box

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got Frame covers finally, small update.. Not much else going on just yet, looking for an N top triple so i can convert to standard bars

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got a set of fancy grips from the misses for christmas pretty excited to give them a try, they sound amazing and have good reviews

SPIDER PEAK Grips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts