Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have competitive prices on tires and charge only $15 to mount them (if you take them the wheel). They charge $30 to mount someone else's tire. Competitive prices too. For example:

Michelin Pilot Powers: $115/$138 (120/70 and 160/60)
Michelin Pilot Roads: $105/$125 " "

If you get their catalog, there is a 15% off coupon as well.

I even bought a $12 "insurance policy" for the rear which allows for replacement if punctured. They were willing to mount my tire while I waited.

I also bought my helmet from them as well as gloves. Nothing like being able to try stuff on.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
thanks for the infomercial.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
wee twin-- $15 per tire, or $15 per pair?

·
Registered
23 Posts
a good place to try on stuff and then order it online. tires are pretty good here too. ...just make sure you check the dot # on the sidewall (when the tire was manufactured).....an old tire is not a good thing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I really like their retail stores for the in-house specials that they run, which you won't see online. Snagged some A* Supertech boots for $80 off and some A* GP Plus gloves for $50 off (you can now get these online for the same price). Plus they carry the high end stuff not just JR and Icon like so many of the locally owned shops do.

I just wish they had a shop near me. Although I understand they're rapidly expanding throughout the US so hopefully we get one soon in the DC area.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Six Chin Skinny said:
wee twin--  $15 per tire, or $15 per pair?
$15 per tire. They won't take them off the bike.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nexus242 said:
thanks for the infomercial.
Actually, I have been pleasantly surprised by them which is why I passed this along.

I first bought a helmet from them after trying several models from their stock. They ordered the color I wanted. I felt like a chump for paying retail on a helmet (~$250) as I could have mail-ordered the same helmet for maybe $80 cheaper.

A few months later, I tried gloves but didn't buy. I looked up the model I wanted on the net and found total mail order savings was only a few dollars. something, so I went back and bought the gloves (using a $5 off coupon from their catalog). To me, the advantage of examining stuff and trying it on is worth something. They will also order anything you want to try in a different size.

Their last catalog had a 15% off coupon I used on the tire. I didn't even know they changed tires until I asked.

The guy I deal with is the store manager (and tire changer) and raced. He was familiar with SV's and has ridden them. He has been with store since it opened and he said he loves his job - wouldn't be there otherwise. I like dealing with folks who like their work.

Bottom line, the customer experience there was much better than any bike shop I've dealt with.

·
Registered
254 Posts
^^

And that's why I continue to shop a Cycle Gear. Prices aren't always the best but I can try everything on. If I order it and decide I don't like it regardless of reason I can return it. No costs out of my pocket. Folks are always friendly and knowledgeable.

I like newenough.com as well but there have been a few times where I had to return an item because of fit, on my dime. Also, being in TX the tax combined with the shipping sometimes negates the savings.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
wee twin said:
$15 per tire. They won't take them off the bike.

Cool beans. I've got one nearby, looks like I'll make a run to check out the store and inspect tire date stamps. Thanks for the heads up... 8)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great stores!

Another plus is they have a lot of aftermarket stuff that is cheaper than OR the same price as ebay... with NO SHIPPING charges.

Stuff like turn singnals, sprockets, sliders...

And YEAH, the unadvertised specials are hard to beat anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
wee twin said:
Actually, I have been pleasantly surprised by them which is why I passed this along.

I'm just breakin ya balls bro. There's one here in Orlando that I frequent alot. My last Z6 I got there when they did that 20% off any single item back in Oct and had them mount it later on when I got a nail in my old rear. They are far cheaper then the dealers for most stuff, can't compete with online stores, but which store can, but I don't have to wait for shipping and crap. I'd rather spend a few $$$ more just to have what I want today instead of 5-7 days from now.

:)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
they have those $5 coupons. I am soo bad that i asked to borrow scissors while i clipped coupons like mad. bavaclava was 5.99 and faster wat only 26.99. sure, its cheaper online but not instant gratifying.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The other thing is that they are much more oriented to the sport/touring/dirt rider as opposed to the "cruiser crowd" (what I like to call "fashion bikers"). They remind me of a good outfitter store - only for motorcyles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts