Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm in the middle of this swap right now.

Problems so far:
- Bottom mounting bolt is too wide, I'm grinding the bolt heads down to make it clear the dogbones
- Too much play down there, tried shimming it with washers but is still able to move side to side. I'm worried it will clip the dogbone and throw me.
-Top mounting boss a tiny bit too wide, little sanding and some grease slid it right in.

Battery box:
- Haven't test fit it yet, but it will definitely need cutting. I'm just worried if the battery will still fit, it not gotta go spring for something smaller. I'll be at it all night.

What can I do to make sure that the interference with the lower mounting is eliminated FOR SURE?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well at least having an 03 the battery box thing should be less of a problem... (knock on wood)
I'm sure I'll be up all night anyway...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Finished mine last night too, same drill, cut the battery box, spaced it with some styrofoam, and squeezed the seat on, it juuuuuust fits.
I put the adjustments in the middle, bolted up the wheel, (brand new pilot powers) and went out and scrubbed em in.

She handles great! The transition speed is so much faster from side to side, and the pilots really hold a line when you ask them to!
Trackday tomorrow morning! Hell yeah!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts