Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of great projects here, sssa conversions, bobbers, and the never ending dual headlight nakeds. I'm kinda curious what fully faired projects are out there. I'm talking about custom stuff, not just a set of OEM lower fairings. I remember a couple years ago, someone had white/yellow GSX-R fairings that made SVOTM. I've also seen the SV with the hayabusa fairings, which doesn't look too bad. If you've got a bike with some custom body work, or have pictures of someone elses, please post them up. For the sake of keeping the thread specific, lets keep it to street bikes only. I know its pretty easy to bolt up gsx-r race skins, but that's not what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's an important question for anyone who can answer.
I destroyed my whole front end a while back (in the process of a GSXR 1000 swap) and now I'm looking at replacing all the fairings and fun stuff like that. :p

But my fairing bracket bent up by my mirrors so I'd like to replace it. Im not going to keep the stock headlights as I have my own little idea in my head here, but what aftermarket fairing bracket would be best? They all seem to say they dont support the weight of headlights or mirrors. Anyone??

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If you buy Sharkskins or KG Cycles fairings, they're designed to use the stock fairing stays.

If you buy a different brand, most likely you'll have to buy whichever fairing stay that will work with the fairings. Most likely you'll have to custom fab your own mounts for headlights and gauge cluster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.