Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i'm testing the water with this to see if anyone would like to purchase via a group buy some custom adjuster plates.

let me explain a little. on sv650.org my username is Bibio and i have a group buy running there at the moment http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=177533 its been a long haul but i'm finally all set up for manufacturing more of these plates a lot quicker. i have a certain amount already spare over and above the group buy on sv650.org.

i'm only testing the water at the moment as i have no idea how much it would cost to post these over to the states and it might not be worth it unless i could find an intermediary.

so if your interested then please have a look at the thread stated above and if you like them and would like to purchase them then please start a list.

i have also designed a neat solution to the problem of how to deal with a speedo drive conversion for those that have done a GSXR front end swap and the kit is a full bolt'n'play with no guessing or messing but these will not be ready for about a month.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
not one reply.

i've sold over 60 pairs of these over here in the UK and in Europe and to date not one complaint in fact far from it i have had nothing but praise.

can i ask what it is that is putting everyone off even thinking about these?

if it helps i have done a rough calculation and i can ship individual pairs to USA for around $35 including shipping.

these really do make the OEM adjuster plates look as though they are made of paper and you will have no more fear of scratching your swingarm due to the OEM ones bending with my uprated versions.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looks like a cool project. I honestly don't have any complaints with the stock ones. Post some pictures here and it might gain some interest.

·
Registered
583 Posts
can i ask what it is that is putting everyone off even thinking about these? ...if it helps i have done a rough calculation and i can ship individual pairs to USA for around £35 including shipping.

Well, since you asked, I too am perfectly happy with the stock adjuster plates, they work just fine. Not a lot of performance difference that I can see, and the minimal bling factor is just not worth $55 to me. That's just me...

Looks like a nice product though, so good luck with your sales.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, since you asked, I too am perfectly happy with the stock adjuster plates, they work just fine. Not a lot of performance difference that I can see, and the minimal bling factor is just not worth $55 to me. That's just me...

Looks like a nice product though, so good luck with your sales.
they are not $55 they are $35 ;)

they are not just bling factor. they are made of 3mm stainless steel so wont rust in a hurry and don't bend when tightening/undoing the spindle nut. they are more accurately made that the OEM ones and give very very little 'slop' each one is handed so fits each end of the spindle properly which gives a better accuracy when adjusting the chain which should give better chain life and MPG.

the original idea was for a speedo drive for my GSXR front end conversion. i never wanted to stick magnets to the rotors and wanted something that was 'serviceable' so i designed the drive i have now (which has been 100% reliable in 10,000 miles) but when people saw the brackets i was hounded to make them some and it grew from there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes it's my fault. when i wrote £35 i meant to put $35.

i shall go and edit the post and correct it to $35. sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You're doing it wrong. When you bend aluminum, you should bend across the grain of the sheet, not parallel to it. Much less likely to fatigue and crack that way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I read a little of the posts on sv650 . Org. Was wandering if you ever figured out if this would work with the turoro auto oiler.

Sent from my K8 SV650SF ABS using MO Free

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read a little of the posts on sv650 . Org. Was wandering if you ever figured out if this would work with the turoro auto oiler.

Sent from my K8 SV650SF ABS using MO Free
yes but it requires a merging of brands. the downstand was designed primarily for the Scottoiler but people have successfully installed a Tutoro using an accessory from Scottoiler, this accessory is the small bobbin dispenser plate.

http://carolandjaynes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/another-sylvie-modification.html

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Looks like a great product, but I'd start a new thread. Put a different title on it (I thought they were rearset plates at first glance) and have your best pictures in the first post.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
can i ask what it is that is putting everyone off even thinking about these
I use other means to measure axle alignment so the stock plates do the trick as place holders.

But I think your product looks smart, well made and your pricing fair considering the distance.

With the GSXR speedo sensor in mind, perhaps another avenue for you to explore would be front speedo sensor brackets (using the front fender mounts). Most seem to build their own but I've noticed a number of people looking for a boxed & ready to go solution.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like a great product, but I'd start a new thread. Put a different title on it (I thought they were rearset plates at first glance) and have your best pictures in the first post.
aaahhhhh. never thought of that so it might be a good idea to start a new thread. cheers hammer

I would buy a set. Does this have to be a group buy or direct?
pm me your details and we can sort something out ;)

I use other means to measure axle alignment so the stock plates do the trick as place holders.

But I think your product looks smart, well made and your pricing fair considering the distance.

With the GSXR speedo sensor in mind, perhaps another avenue for you to explore would be front speedo sensor brackets (using the front fender mounts). Most seem to build their own but I've noticed a number of people looking for a boxed & ready to go solution.
cool and thanks for the compliment.

i have done 2 GSXR conversions to date and 1 was with magnets in the rotors and the new bike is via the rear wheel.

the biggest problem i have come across with putting the speed sensor on the front wheel is when you use aftermarket/later discs as they have an odd number of buttons on the rotors which requires the use of a speed healer to rectify the discrepancy. the kit i plan on making up includes a disc that fits on top of the rear sprocket that has the correct number of magnets for each model plus i have had custom sensors made up that have full cabling with an OEM connector attached so there will be no splicing of wires. the other reason i came to the design i have at the moment is the number of variations in forks/wheels/discs/bike so would require various brackets to be made for various permutations. the kit i'm going to offer will fit all SV650 1st and 2nd gen with just a change in adjuster brackets for either 1st or 2nd gen. you also get the added benefit that the rear disc provided is re-usable.

i would also like to add that the brackets that are for sale are made here in Scotland from start to finish by friends in the industry so i can keep an eye on quality and change specifications till i get thing right and offer them up for sale. i used to be in the metalwork trade as a blacksmith but due to my wife having a brain haemorrhage i now care for her. my friends in the industry help me bring my projects to life, they produce the raw parts including laser cutting and forming and i fettle the products to a finished state. this hobby keeps me from going out of my mind and helps provide funds to keep my bike on the road, i'm not out to get rich i'm trying to relieve the boredom and hopefully make people happy along the way by offering good products at reasonable prices. everything i offer for sale has been tried and tested for months/years before i offer them for sale unlike some products that have just been designed in CAD then sold without having ever been on the bike they were designed for.

Lance

:vroom:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just want to post a little review of these. They took a couple weeks to get here from Scotland, but they are a really nice piece.

Pictures first:

A few things to point out that I like.
1. Both plates have different size holes. The smaller hole goes over the threads of the axle. And the larger hole is countersunk for the slight taper of the axle on the right side. It makes them fit tight, giving the best accuracy for rear wheel alignment.
2. The bottom wraps under the swingarm much farther.
3. They are way thicker than the stock ones.
4. Stainless steel looks cool.

These are definitely beefy. If you like one off and limited availability parts, these are a must. Even if you we're just trying to figure out how to spend some money on your bike, get these. They are made by an SVhaver, and its nice to support those who support us.

I don't know the seller, I'm just trying to help the guy out. I'm impressed with the quality of these, and figured I would let everybody know that these are pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 25 Posts