Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I saw that custom intake by i think it is "bmc"? and i thought well i can make one just like that... I butchered up a piece of aluminum and drilled some holes for sensors bought some kn filters to fit over the 2" tubes, stuck em through the aluminum and..... at first i thought there was no difference. so i stuck the stock set up back on - snorkle. It might just be my imagination so id like someone to correct me if it is but, the bike seems to be ultra sensative in the bottom end and i swear my wheels are cut in half now plus not as high... can anyone put me out of my misurry???

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Totally confused. You changed your intake and it's better or worse than stock? You put the stock back on and what happened to your wheels? What is it you are describing?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
gerard said:
It might just be my imagination so id like someone to correct me if it is but, the bike seems to be ultra sensative in the bottom end and i swear my wheels are cut in half now plus not as high... can anyone put me out of my misurry???
Maybe try to get some sleep, regroup, and give it another go in the morning?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, the bike definately had more power with my custom intake set up. But it seems to be a lot more sensative in the lower rpm with the stock air box. i wanna build another intake but one a little cleaner if i knew how to post pics id show you how my old one looked. anyone get rid of the airbox, that could give some info?

·
Registered
105 Posts
go take a look at the renegade intake setup. Thiers is pretty clean

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
um, wtf is going on here? im very confused. you say you made a custom intake system for your sv? what year SV you got and who did you get it remapped by(i'm assuming it needed one to correct the A/F ratio right?)? what did you change exactly and what dyno results did you get from it, you got any figures? this all sounds quite exciting and i would like to know more as i too am pretty into SV's and what you can do to them having changed practically everything on mine to aftermarket equipment.

let me know how you do your thing man

TRICK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts