Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Custom Gladius at Chicago Show

18K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  Blcrider 
#1 ·
#14 ·
Hmm, my wife thought I had taken some decent shots of the custom Gladius. I thought she had taken some decent ones, so I didn't bother. Looks like neither of us did. So other than some close ups of the frame details for slider stuff, all I got of the custom one were these:

One thing I noticed, it appears as if the water pump cover might be even more exposed to damage, as the frame may be narrower on the Gladius. Looked like more exposure than I remembered on the normal SV, anyway:

Alll in all, the bike REALLY looks a LOT better in Black, the other color they had at the show. MUCH MUCH better. Others around me seemed to agree.

#15 ·

One thing I noticed, it appears as if the water pump cover might be even more exposed to damage, as the frame may be narrower on the Gladius. Looked like more exposure than I remembered on the normal SV, anyway:
Also take note of the engine output coolant hose that sits outside the frame cage. Looks like if you go down with out a slider then the rad and hose could be really messed up. More photos need to be taken of the radiator and engine with respect to the frame and gas tank width.

:)

#16 ·
Yeah, we noticed that coolant hose was way out there, and really kinda ugly looking.

I think our current slider design for the right side slider on the normal SVs will work for both the right and left on the Gladius. Just have to find someone with one now once they hit the US.

#17 ·
Looks like the plastic piece hides the engine mounts on the stock version. May be challenging to get a slider in with those plastic thingies in the way.

#32 ·
Yep. Not sure yet what we'll do about that.

I guess we have 2 options:
1. Let customers deal with it on their own by removing or modifying them.
2. Offer a plastic part exchange program and ship people plastic thingies already modded. Not sure if we could get away with a drilled hole or if we'd have to trim the front couple inches off.

We'll tackle the issue when someone has a Gladius in their hands.

#21 ·
Those colors...UGH!

I must be getting old.

Quick. Somebody please PhotoShop something in shades from the nineteen-eighties.

What's with the Krylon gold cr@p on the motor?

Other than my complete and utter derision of the paint scheme

I really like the style.

I would ride the nuts off that thing.

#37 ·
KTM 990's never see dirt either. Tell that to the guy I followed up a washed-out, near vertical goat path on my XR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.