Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Current pics of the new-to-me bike

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  pne 
#1 ·
Done so far:

-Removed the fairings and cleaned out the goop and dead leaves and spiders and other gunk that was the result of it sitting around in the previous owner's back yard.
-Removed the stickers and the free advertising on the pipe.
-Changed the oil and brake fluid, bled the brakes.
-Changed out the rusty chain.
-De-fogged the headlights with plastic polish.
-Added the rear Givi rack.
-Repaired the wonky speedo.
-Added a taller windscreen.
-Unwrapped the headers.
-Lubed the sticky locks.

It's lovely now. The first owner had done the suspension, the steel lines, the full system, the PC3; the bike shows signs of having been a race bike in its first life. It's completely safety-wired and the harness for the cluster and lighting has been disconnected at some point in the past. The suspension is way better than stock, and it revs, stops, and turns great. :thumbsup:

In front of the Giant Modern-Art Pen0r.

I still have the side racks to put on. Next step is to pick up a set of the caliper adapters so I can use m'boy's old SV1K calipers. I'm tempted by a set of lowers - or maybe just the chin spoiler.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
I don't know how long it was wrapped. It was wrapped for the time the previous owner had it, though, and I'm 90% sure it was done by the first owner, so that would be several years with the wrap on. There's some shmutz on it that I'm going to try to polish off, but no rust.

These aren't stock headers, though...

The speedo was jumping all over the place and reading mostly too high. As it turned out, the speedo cable had been routed so that it was rubbing on the wheel. With the screwed-up bit spliced out and the cable properly routed, it works fine.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Danke!

The slip-on is Yosh RS3, and the headers look like the RS3 stainless/titanium full system, so I'm assuming that's it, although I didn't get anything vaguely resembling receipts with this bike. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.