Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this throttlemiester thing o a customers truck today. its a cruise control for bikes.
http://www.throttlemeister.com/tm.html
decided to check it out. they have a set-up for sv's. 125 bones. the whole system replaces your bar ends. looks legit....anybody seen this b4 or have something similar? hows it work?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Several of my friends have them on their bikes. All like the Throttlemeister. Quality stuff. Pricey but good. Haven't heard anything bad about them as far as quality and performance. They work well.

Bill K.

·
Registered
109 Posts
wlk12 said:
Several of my friends have them on their bikes. All like the Throttlemeister. Quality stuff. Pricey but good. Haven't heard anything bad about them as far as quality and performance. They work well.

Bill K.

Everything Bill K. said ^

I have a Throttlemeister on my Yamaha FJR. It works great and is very well built.
Pretty easy to instal and set up also.
Nothing better to have on a bike if you plan on a lot of long boring miles, or like to ride no hands like you did as a kid on your ten speed :lol:

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Good product

I personally prefer a thumb operated throttle lock, like Vista Cruise. The Throttlemeister is expensive, but it is indeed a quality piece. Nothing bad to say about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Good product

andyauger said:
I personally prefer a thumb operated throttle lock, like Vista Cruise. The Throttlemeister is expensive, but it is indeed a quality piece. Nothing bad to say about it.
I also prefer the ~20 buck thumb locks like Vista Cruise and NEP. Just a flick of the thumb on/off. The TM makes you rotate the bar end, no preset on or off position.

·
Registered
198 Posts

svmike1 said:
andyauger said:
I also prefer the ~20 buck thumb locks like Vista Cruise and NEP. Just a flick of the thumb on/off. The TM makes you rotate the bar end, no preset on or off position.
i have a vista cruise on my intruder, and really like it. the only complaint i have is that it's hard to find that magical place where the throttle is locked and you're not either accelerating or decelerating. (does the throttlemeister have the same problem?)

i like how stealthy the TM is, id consider getting one for the sv.

·
Registered
101 Posts
+1 on vista cruise. Their customer service rocks also, I broke a piece during install (over-torqued plastic) and they mailed me a replacement for free...

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I said:
From what I've heard that's the best solution for the SV. I'm ordering my own set in a couple of days.
it might be the best throttle lock, but unfortunately SVs best mirrors are bar end,

If I could use a throttle meister with a bar end mirror, I,d have one

·
Registered
109 Posts
ebbtide said:
+1 on vista cruise. Their customer service rocks also, I broke a piece during install (over-torqued plastic) and they mailed me a replacement for free...

No plastic on the Throttlemeister, so that can't happen 8)

As for the question of the bike accelerating & decelerating with the throttle locked with the Throttlemeister.
I'll say it's quite easy to find the perfect position were you hold a steady pace.
As you must expect, that will not hold true if you are climbing and decending hills.
I don't know if the Vista allows variable adjustment with the lock engaged? but the Throttlemeister can be locked and then any position change can be made to the throttle position.
From a safety standpoint, I like the fact that you can lock it and still fully shut the throttle, or make slight changes to your MPH without twisting the bar end to the unlocked position.

Expensive, but a good product that is built to last longer then the bike.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did you guys find a vista cruise for the SV? I've searched all over the web trying to find somebody who sells them and haven't had much luck.

Do you have the thin black kind that fits between the throttle and the brake housing

or the kind the that has a bracket on the left side of the housing and bridges over to the throttle with the thicker holding band?

I would rather get the thin kind if I can find one. Right now I'm using the "O" ring throttle lock. The price is right but the disengagement is a pain.

Walker

·
Registered
101 Posts
i've got the second one, the 'universal'. And it can be adjusted while 'locked'. I bought mine off chaparralmotorsports.com

·
Registered
66 Posts

osirisdean said:

Ditto. I had a TM on my Daytona, and it was a waste. It doesnt' work as well as the thumb locks, it's harder to deploy, and it's way more money. I won't buy another one...sure looks cool though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
7/8"s dude, or duder, or el duderino if your not into the whole brevity thing..

·
Registered
187 Posts
wow, i can't believe someone would spend over a hundred bucks on one, when a 99cent rubber O-ring would suffice

you guys have way too much money to throw around

V

·
0 Posts
becman said:
wow, i can't believe someone would spend over a hundred bucks on one, when a 99cent rubber O-ring would suffice

you guys have way too much money to throw around
They are pricey that's for sure but quality costs. They also are much heavier than stock bar end weights so they help reduce vibration to the handlebars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts