Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a good one that will work on a SV throttle?
Going on a long trip in a couple of weeks, I can feel my forearm cramping already.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I've heard lots of mixed reviews about cruise control. There is the Vista Cruise Control which I've heard a few say works well, but it's bulky. I'm not even sure you could fit it on the clip ons. There are another kind that are bar ends that lock your throttle in place, for the life of me I can't remember the name, but they're like $115 a set. Have you given any thought to just using a Throttle Rocker to give your hand a break? I like it better than Crampbuster's because it's contoured to actually fit your hand.

·
Registered
896 Posts
+1 to Throttle Rocker! i have gone on several 300 miles pluis days and can def tell the diff when i forget the throttle rocker, i leave it on my bike all the time now. you can alwasy get the CAT o -ring it works great i use that on long streches of highways

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Maviryk, do you know which model vista cruise you have? They make a universal model and another model. I got a NEP cruise control that is designed to fit between the end of the throttle grip and throttle housing but it didn't work, it drug too much on the rubber of the grip. It looks like the regular vista cruise installs the same way in the installation pictures so I'm wondering if it will work. I had the universal vista cruise on a previous bike but I didn't like it too much because it was so wide it took up a lot of the "gripping area" on the throttle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
http://www.svrider.com/tips/cruise.htm

O'Ring from a Catapillar (big arse tractors and stuff) dealer. $1.50

Slide it on your bar end. When you want cruise you roll it into the space between the grip and the bar end. It's too big to fit down in there but small enough to hold your throttle in position. Works great. You can roll on and off throttle.

I used that for a good 2000 miles before buying bar end mirrors.

Google O ring cruise control and you'll find tons of forums that talk about using that method.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I just ordered a Throttlemeister. I never could get my NEP to work right.
I'll post how the Throttlemeister works when I get it installed.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thanks guys. I just ordered a Throttlemeister. I never could get my NEP to work right.
I'll post how the Throttlemeister works when I get it installed.
THAT was the name I was trying to think of. Friend of mine rides with them and likes them quite a bit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Vista-Cruise works well for me. I've used the throttle meister, NEP, Vista-Cruise, and the Caterpiller seal. For me the Vista cruise is the easiest and is very affordable.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a throttlemeister on my Busa and it is ok for resting you hand for a few but it has a hard time maintaining a constant speed you have to adjust it to much. Also you have to be very careful with the TM as it can also make you throttle stick if you do not disengage it all the way

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hey Maviryk, do you know which model vista cruise you have? They make a universal model and another model. I got a NEP cruise control that is designed to fit between the end of the throttle grip and throttle housing but it didn't work, it drug too much on the rubber of the grip. It looks like the regular vista cruise installs the same way in the installation pictures so I'm wondering if it will work. I had the universal vista cruise on a previous bike but I didn't like it too much because it was so wide it took up a lot of the "gripping area" on the throttle.
I m running the one tk1971 has. You will have to use the model Ranger has because the throttle housings are different between N and S bikes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Would the NEP CC-4 work on an 07 SVS??? Anyone know?

·
Registered
101 Posts
So what throttle lock would work then??

·
Registered
101 Posts
BTW Maviryk, reason I need a throttle lock is because I'm taking a trip from Florida to Indiana in the beginning of September ;D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts