Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am taking my first long ride. I have had some 1-2 day 600mile trips but nothing like this. I am riding from Ca to texas then to New Orleans and possibly further. Just looking for any tips, routes, comfort mods, stories, places to see, Bars, whatever info you guys got on long distant trips that can help with the bike, the ride, the gear or having fun and staying out of jail would be nice but not mandatory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Be VERY careful in and around New Orleans. I did what you are doing (except starting in the east coast). I don't know if its changed since Katrina, but several cops in that area told me to NOT ride through downtown at night.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was also thinking of doing this (East to West), taking a ride home to cali. Best of luck man, subed (Id love to see what this thread picks up for info)

EDIT: When I was doing research I had decided on taking the 10 from Jacksonville, FL to Riverside, CA.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I was also thinking of doing this (East to West), taking a ride home to cali. Best of luck man, subed (Id love to see what this thread picks up for info)

EDIT: When I was doing research I had decided on taking the 10 from Jacksonville, FL to Riverside, CA.
Dooooooooooooood. Outside of Calfolornia, it's called I-10 (eye-ten) or Interstate 10.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will for sure be taking a mass of pictures and will be glad to share them as well as whatever knowledge I pick up on the road to help you out on your trip.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I once drove an RV from Gardena to Midland, TX. Not much to see once you get out of CA as I recall. Lots of desert. Make sure to take rain gear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was an awesome thread, thanks. I am real inspired for this ride now and I am going to try and keep up a thread like that. I will be slummin it a little more, I want to do some camping so... But i will for sure update as much as possible

1 - 12 of 12 Posts