Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uploadfromtaptalk1338136370450.jpg

So I never noticed it until recently but only the inside wheels on my stand make contact with the ground? It also always appears to be leaning. I have tightened everything again and also tried adjusting the spool arms. No change. I stored it over the winter for 3 or 4 months with no issues. Should I be worried? It wobbles if u push on the bike a lot but it has never let me believe its going to fall. I do my chain and other maintenance on it all the time. :(

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uploadfromtaptalk1338141187576.jpg

You're exactly right! Lol you can see the space under the left outer wheel and the left black plastic piece touches the ground after the right. Rocks maybe 1/8-1/4 of inch :/

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
I think even if you straightened it, it would still wobble. I had a similar stand that was a bit sketchy. I kept an eye out for a nice used one and found a Pitbull on Craigslist for cheap. Pitbull is rock solid.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Get rid of those tires!! Nice exhaust (i have the same one)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I'm actually surprised to see so many bolt together stands. The cycle gear stand I have is one piece except for a removable handle. I guess it makes sense because other stands would need to be shipped to a customers door while the CG stand can be delivered in bulk to the stores.

In any case, I really recommend them. I got mine for 40 bucks. They go on sale all the time.

Edit~ just looked at your stand again. Looks like it's just the handle loop thing that bolts to the frame.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get rid of those tires!! Nice exhaust (i have the same one)
haha I am at around 6k miles on my bike so I think by next year it will be time for new tires. I know everyone on here says that to me, just can't justify it right now as they still have good tread :) This year goal is pcv and dyno tuning, maybe suspension also.

I'm actually surprised to see so many bolt together stands. The cycle gear stand I have is one piece except for a removable handle. I guess it makes sense because other stands would need to be shipped to a customers door while the CG stand can be delivered in bulk to the stores.

In any case, I really recommend them. I got mine for 40 bucks. They go on sale all the time.

Edit~ just looked at your stand again. Looks like it's just the handle loop thing that bolts to the frame.
yes there is only 2 bolts that connect the handle. the stand is really only 3 pc. i did bend it a little and straightened it out. I guess ill keep my eye out for a nicer stand before the winter.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cycle gear stand I have is one piece except for a removable handle. I guess it makes sense because other stands would need to be shipped to a customers door while the CG stand can be delivered in bulk to the stores.

i went to cycle gear...

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/categories/parts--accessories/ramps-stands/rear-stands

is it the "trackside" stand that you are referring to?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
haha I am at around 6k miles on my bike so I think by next year it will be time for new tires. I know everyone on here says that to me, just can't justify it right now as they still have good tread :) This year goal is pcv and dyno tuning, maybe suspension also.
You probably won't listen, but I'll waste my energy typing this in the event someone else reads it. Don't waste your money on a PCV and dyno tune. At best you'll pick up a HP or two. Put your money into suspension and tires. That tire does not have nearly the mileage left in it that you think it has. You'll be seeing cords soon.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a zx10 rear shock in the garage ready to go on once I get the springs, emulators, oil for the front. I will replace the tires when needed or sooner. I think I have the depth readings from my inspection last week I can post them. I wasn't planning on doing the PC and tune for HP, mainly to get the a/f ratio correct and smooth out throttle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the same stand and it also bent apart slightly, I've been considering getting a friend to weld a piece of rebar across where it bends. It still holds my bike up fine tho.

And your tires look fine.. I swear people on this forum tell you to get new tires no matter what they look like. When you have more than an inch without any tread, then get new tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts