Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that post about the creating the swing arm stand in the tips section of svrider, just wondering who has done this, and how it worked? it looks like a good idea, no dought but i mean how well does it work?

·
Registered
76 Posts
ghetto stand?

Ghetto? yeh, but you had to admire the perseverance of the two girls that came out w/ an ex500 trackbike up at thill last year. I was both a little aghast and impressed by their effort :lol:

For the price of all those fittings you could just get a generic used rearstand..I know I've been offered free ones in the past.

There was a thread about < ebay: thruster-king > selling some really nice front and rear stands for a great price, I'm seriously considering getting a set since I desperately need a decent front stand. I know he sells directly if you just email him.

$115 for the set? pretty hard to beat!

"Thruster motorcycle stands, made in the U.S.A., manufactured by Speed Unlimited, makers of the famous Thruster line of BMX racing frames.

The Thruster stands are made of large 1 1/2" steel tubing which not only makes these stands strong and sturdy but also light. With the turn of a bolt this stand is fully adjustable to fit most street, motorcross and touring bikes that have a double sided swing arm. The Thruster stand is universal and will accept bikes with or without spools by simply turning over the mounting bracket. The mounting bracket comes with a protective nylon sleeve to protect the swing arm from scratches. Other companies charge extra for a universal bracket to accept spooled and non spooled bikes, not us! We also welded a 4 inch skid plate on the bottom of the frame so when the frame is being tossed around the shop or scraped on the ground the main frame will not wear away.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah imma get those stands that guy is selling on ebay, they're excellent looking and i think i trust him a lil more than a bunch of spare parts id buy from ace lol, thx for the info bud :)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
When I had to remove my old Virago's rear wheel for respoking I used the trusty brick stand... Universal fitment, works with all dual-swingarm bikes, and also handy if your barbeque's too low down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought that stand and started a thread about it.I have been using regularly and it an excelent product
< ebay: thruster-king >

·
Registered
113 Posts
avc8130 said:
For the rear I just put bolts in the spool holes and stick the bike on jack stands. Works perfect.
ac
I did that before as well but the bolts were an eye sore.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I did it and it worked for like 6 months till it didn't work anymore. If I was to do it over again I would say have the joints spot welded so they don't move. Do that and it's worth every penny you save.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
avc8130 said:
Who rides aroung with the bolts in?
ac
what are you saying??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts