Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,541 Posts
You have successfully tested your TOS! The engine shuts down well at 1:03.

Nice footpeg field repair.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Glad you are safe and even in the hottest weather I still ATGATT :)

One small weakness with the SV650 is that if dropped on the left even at slow speed it the gear lever can damage the gear change/clutch mechanism. You can buy and fit a gear lever that folds up if this happens.

Speaking of sheep have a ride on,"T Moors" with some sheep on my 99 Curvy 650,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad you are ok...good this happened out on the back roads rather than on the street with cars behind you. Looks like the only thing hurt is your pride and that comes back.

I dropped my bike not to long ago, went a little wide on a turn and laid it down in the grass...it will happen. We learn, we overcome and we get back on the horse....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you are safe and even in the hottest weather I still ATGATT :)

One small weakness with the SV650 is that if dropped on the left even at slow speed it the gear lever can damage the gear change/clutch mechanism. You can buy and fit a gear lever that folds up if this happens.

Speaking of sheep have a ride on,"T Moors" with some sheep on my 99 Curvy 650,

I worked in RTA and insurance for 2 years, ATGATT was pretty much drilled into my mind before I even bought a motorcycle. I don't even usually wear a rucksack because of some of the horrific damage I know they can do! I only did in this instance because I wanted to carry some extra camera batteries!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you are ok...good this happened out on the back roads rather than on the street with cars behind you. Looks like the only thing hurt is your pride and that comes back.

I dropped my bike not to long ago, went a little wide on a turn and laid it down in the grass...it will happen. We learn, we overcome and we get back on the horse....
Yeh! I don't think this would have been funny if it happened on a main road! We deliberately picked back roads so that I could practise some road positioning, slow inclines and practise on gravel just to get my confidence up. Wouldn't have gone up that road if there had been traffic with the skill set I had. Funnily enough, the accident happened directly outside a motocross centre

·
Registered
477 Posts
Even crash bungs don't always stop the gear lever getting damaged. My previous pointy SV650 rolled off its stand once, and while the bungs stopped the fairing etc getting scraped or cracked, the toe peg still broke off the gear lever ...

·
Registered
855 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts