Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. Today I was showing off for my dad and did a stoppie. I've done probalby a 100... Well today I guess I gripped the brake too hard too fast and had the bike up vertical. The bike was about to fall on me so I jumped off. The bike ended up falling on it's side. Below is the damage.

1) Hairline crack in front fairing about 2 inches long
2) Broken front break lever
3) scratched mirror
4) scratched fram slider (thank god cause the radiator probably would have been toast)
5) Scratched pipe

All in all damage wasn't too bad I replaced the brake control and bar ends as I was hit last year and had previous parts left over. I'm still riding and I"m not hurt. But it sucks getting in a wreck in front of your Dad

·
Registered
359 Posts
not too bad if you ask me. You will not get much love out of this bunch due to stunting being the cause of the crash, but just take it as you would a father yelling at his son.

Any damage to you?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
interesting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jared McDonley said:
not too bad if you ask me. You will not get much love out of this bunch due to stunting being the cause of the crash, but just take it as you would a father yelling at his son.

Any damage to you?
Not looking for love. I guess it's more of a reminder to all of us if you do stunts you are taking a huge risk. To me it is worth it because I love the excitement of wheelies and Indo's. Of course my resale value has probably decreased by 50% but to each his own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
interesting?  good use of a post nexus...just be glad you didnt get injured man.  glad you're not worse for the wear

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
04blusv said:
interesting? good use of a post nexus...just be glad you didnt get injured man. glad you're not worse for the wear
Well what would you like to hear??? Sorry you messed up your stunting for dad??

·
Registered
17 Posts
camhops said:
I guess it's more of a reminder to all of us if you do stunts you are taking a huge risk. 
Don't kid yourself. You're taking a huge risk everytime you're on the bike, stunting or not. You wanna stunt in the yard, knock yourself out and don't feel bad about it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my father hates that i even have a bike. If he ever saw me do anything other than driving it normally he'd probably put my back in my mom.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yea....

Stunting's a blast....but I'd say it's best done on something you don't care much about breaking. It's the essence of stunting that you run an elevated risk of dropping your baby. But then again....do people not ride brand new sportbikes around the tracks because they're scared of damaging them?

Eh...perhaps my comparison sucks. :-[

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yeah stunting is a touchy topic in this forum but i'm all for it as long as your not endangering people around you. sorry to hear about you dropping your bike man, strip it, put frame sliders on and stunt til you can't stunt anymore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just wrecked this weekend at the 2.5 rally. Now this winter I will have a naked sv! I low sided pretty hard, my leathers took all rash but my right shoulder it really hurting(nothing broken). Damage is tank dent bad with paint cracks tail section demolished front fairing scraped and spider cracks exhaust scratched right rear set bent moto-sliders ground down alittle right clip-on bent down whole clear alternatives broken head light hanging on tree of shame!Bike still runs fine only cosmetic. All in all I'm glad I did not go over cliff with the bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts