Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 sv650s. I know that i am going to get a solo tail from catalyst composites and a new tank from where ever i can find one for cheap, but im not sure to do with the front end. I might go completely naked and get the gsxr fork conversion. Any ideas??? where can i get some ideas as far as headlight options. I'll post some pics of the thrashed bike sunday or monday. This has been the worst week of my freakin life.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Story? :shock:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wreck was completely my fault and it was the worst mistake i ve made possibly in my whole life. It was at night and i noticed that the road i was going down didn't have any houses on it at all. it was my first time on this stretch of road. so, i came to a complete stop and started to bang through gears seeing how fast i could get to 100 mph and back down to 0 mph using the stop watch on my watch. Little did i know that the road was a dead end. i only got about 25 ft of skid marks laid down and im not sure how fast i was going when it all came to a screaching hault but im sure it was pretty fast. i didnt have gloves on or my jacket and my body is completely f ' ed up. I feel so stupid and it took alot to type this. never speed on unfamiliar roads! Now i just have to decide what i am going to do with the bike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
cuzimaluzer77 said:
the wreck was completely my fault and it was the worst mistake i ve made possibly in my whole life. It was at night and i noticed that the road i was going down didn't have any houses on it at all. it was my first time on this stretch of road. so, i came to a complete stop and started to bang through gears seeing how fast i could get to 100 mph and back down to 0 mph using the stop watch on my watch. Little did i know that the road was a dead end. i only got about 25 ft of skid marks laid down and im not sure how fast i was going when it all came to a screaching hault but im sure it was pretty fast. i didnt have gloves on or my jacket and my body is completely f ' ed up. I feel so stupid and it took alot to type this. never speed on unfamiliar roads! Now i just have to decide what i am going to do with the bike.
you're alive, you learned a lesson, and you bike doesn't sound that bad. If that's the worst mistake you make in you whole life, you'll be getting off pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. Bet you learned to not override your headlights.

Is this your first bike? If so, I'd suggest just riding it smashed up for awhile. Damage to plastics is just cosmetic, so wait until you get more comfortable with it before putting more expensive plastics on it.

If you've been riding awhile, then best of luck to you. Ebay is your friend.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Unless you *have* to have a GSXR front I'd stay stock (for reasons of simplicity).

Might I suggest an Acerbis Cyclops or 04/05 GSXR600headlight... maybe a set of DL650 handguards too...

Don;t worry about the tank, you're just gonna wad it up again anyway. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Scotch said:
you're alive, you learned a lesson, and you bike doesn't sound that bad. If that's the worst mistake you make in you whole life, you'll be getting off pretty easy.
+ 1 chill out and get some perspective here. I am glad that you were not more badly hurt - take some time, cool off then worry about your bike.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as of right now the bike is not rideable. i know i need rear sets, tank, brake fluid resevoir, rear turns....maybe some other stuff before it is streetable again. Also im not sure if the handle bars are useable either. as far as me my hands and elbows r the worst. i went to the E.R. but they didn't give me a prescritpion for pain so all i have is tylenol and that aint cutting it. all the wounds have left the oozy faze and now they r turning hard which is even more painful to me. im really ready to get back to work so i can make some cash and get my bike back up i miss riding so bad.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
well it may take some time but only worry about the streetable parts. Cosmetic crap can wait till anytime. Aren't there any bike salvage yards in this city or close by??? If there are post up some so I can check one or 2 out before I leave. :)

BTW the brick, cobblestone and all other streets in savannah realy suck ass.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For reals... Take your time, get it ridable while you're healing. Then worry about all the cosmetic stuff later. I laid mine over going about 55 on Sept 9, 2004. Got it ridable and rode it till all scratched up till April when it was finally painted. I think riding it scratched up helped me. Made me embarrassed to let others see what I did. Well, others didn't know but I did and it bothered me.

I remember the weekend after my crash, I'd just go look and stare at the SVR... Call myself a few names and hobble back inside on crutches. After a few days and when I could walk, I HAD to just sit on it. Couldn't bend my knee, but still sat once I got my leg over the tail. I really was worried that my love for riding might be gone. Always heard that can happen after an accident. Not to mention my relatives and g/f pushing hard for me to sell it. Pushing a year later now, dumped the g/f and the passion to ride is still there. Still lovin' it, still ride the hell out of it. Nothing will ever change.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the loss of the bike hurts the most. today is the first day that i actually felt like getting up and moving around, but im still in alot of pain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Ha...dumped the girl kept the bike! Classic! :lol:
Had no choice. The bike was always an issue with her even though I had it before her. She never changed so gave her a helping hand! :lol:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Sorry to hear yo dumped the bike, that's gotta hurt the ego a little bit.
I'm glad to hear that you are up and walking around tho.

-hears an idea, try and go all carbon fiber - i don't even know if they make the plastics for the back carbon fiber, but i think it would look hot. expecially if you picked up a black gas tank.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
thank you for sharing. Now i know not to try that on roads i haven't been on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts