Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I love my 04' Sv 650 bike but i have had a problem now 2 times in a row. Not good Okay i admit i ride it hard and its been good too me but, my first occured at about 5,000miles it threw a crankrod bearing it had plenty of oil and i have had all the oil changes and checkups on it on time. But it was still under warranty. Suzuki looked at it and was in AWWWW of why it happened but didnt know why it happened. Well now my bike is at 8,785 miles and only has been 2 monthes since i got it back from the first time . But it has thrown another crank Rod bearing. But this time its not under warranty. My warranty Ran out 11 days before the first problem. Thank You Suzuki for standing behind your product!!! But now this is the second time and same problem. Does Anyone know why this has happened. I dont do burnouts but i do, Stand up wheelies and sit down wheelies and i ride them 12'oclock for long distances. Some times Numerous of miles. But so far both times that this has went wrong i wasnt doing anything but doing about 30mph on both wheels!!! The Local Shop nor Suzuki knows why.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There should be a warranty on stuff like crank bearings. Even if your warranty is expired, there should be a warranty on the part that was replaced. BTW, doesn't the crank get submerged in oil, therefore wheelies would stop oil from flowing to the crank bearing?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
why didn't you buy the extended service plan? you already had an expensive problem, thats good enough reason to believe your bike is one of the special ones that actually need the warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
lkm said:
why didn't you buy the extended service plan?  you already had an expensive problem, thats good enough reason to believe your bike is one of the special ones that actually need the warranty.

Wow....your so helpfull ::)

I would put a little pressure on suzuki to see if they will fix it again.  you can prove that it is a reoccuring problem, and should have never happened  in the first place.  I bet if you go high enough up on the custmer service totem pole you might get somewhere.  Try and find a reigonal service rep or something.

else...buy a used engine....this one obviously has an inherent problem that can't be fixed.

**Edited because I didn't read your post long enough: Nevermind, I thought you said you DIDN'T do wheelies. In that case...your a fool and are abusing your bike....

·
Registered
93 Posts
TWF said:
as long you keep doing miles long wheelies bearing will keep going bad.
I have heard that long wheelies are hard on the engine for sure. I have also read where some wheelie lovers put more than the recommended amount of oil in the motor just for sake of doing "long" wheelies in which the motor will be starved for oil, especially if going 12 o'clock for a long time. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Two words you'll need to learn: OIL STARVATION.

When you're riding those long wheelies oil is not getting to the pickup and pumped to crucial lubrication points (main bearings, cam bearings, mating surfaces, etc) so you're killing your momo.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
TWF said:
as long you keep doing miles long wheelies bearing will keep going bad.
+1

The problems you are having are not a product problem, but how the vehicle is being used.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have to agree with the guys above. As soon as I saw in a post that you were doing long wheelies I pinned that as your problem. ::) If I was that dealership and I knew that you were doing the stuff you were doing (not that I'm saying that they do know) I would fight trying to fix it to. I'm not knocking you for doing wheelies hell I enjoy watching them ;) but you shouldn't be upset with the bikes motor or the dealership for not fixing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts