Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You could have baffling in both, but run the intakes all to one bottle. Then have 1 or 2 link tubes to the second bottle and have that one vented. That way it would be less likely to spill. But at that point, you probably have a bunch of built up pressure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a bicycle waterbottle w/ two hoses coming from the crankcase and one hose that vents to the air. There is a bunch of plastic scouring pad material in the bottle to liquify the oil mist.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hey Dave! Just stop lowsiding.... Problem solved! ;)

I like that front mounted setup. Just a hose from the cases and little vent tube should be fine.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Last question: I have the venting and catch can system sorted out but is it important for the oil in the catch can to be able to drain back to the motor? I am debating how to mount it up and I can either mount it so whatever oil enters the catch can stays there or I can mount it so the oil can drain back.

Thanks again for the help with this, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Last question: I have the venting and catch can system sorted out but is it important for the oil in the catch can to be able to drain back to the motor? I am debating how to mount it up and I can either mount it so whatever oil enters the catch can stays there or I can mount it so the oil can drain back.

Thanks again for the help with this, much appreciated.
I wouldn't. My "system" was a little more vented than yours will be, but any dirt that gets in there going back to the motor would not be a good thing. The oil vapor is also mixed with combustion gases that get by the piston rings, so it's kind of dirty in that sense as well.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hmm makes sense.

On a totally unrelated note, Timm I measured the cush drive for the Marvic wheel and the OD is 1.303", is that enough for you to see if you have a spare floating around?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hmm makes sense.

On a totally unrelated note, Timm I measured the cush drive for the Marvic wheel and the OD is 1.303", is that enough for you to see if you have a spare floating around?
let me check........

I don't have my calipers to check the diameter right now, but I have several cushions I'll take a look at this weekend. How many do you need?

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
You can put foam inside cases for rear vent :)
You don't need anything with catch can. Stock catch can that is bolted to airbox has foam in it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeah but I don't have that catch can and I don't have an airbox anymore. I run flat slides with no filters.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
So wait, do you run an airbox with flat slides? I have a spare box floating around I just assumed no one used it.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I don't, it just hangs there by the frame with 1 zip tie. About same spot it would be if air box is there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts