Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the bad post, it’s my first one! Picked up a project SV. Slow leak from the crank case and some dumbass JB welded it shut. Just curious, how up shits creek am I? Done motor work before just not on this bike. What does it need to reseal the crankcase? Anyone know the gasket part number?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Going to have to pull the motor out and split the cases. You can find the gasket on pretty much any parts fiche, Ron Ayers, Revzilla, etc.. And you're probably going to need other gaskets, seals, and the like too if you go that deep into it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to have to pull the motor out and split the cases. You can find the gasket on pretty much any parts fiche, Ron Ayers, Revzilla, etc.. And you're probably going to need other gaskets, seals, and the like too if you go that deep into it.
Definitely looking like I’ll have to drop and split the engine. Took a look on bike bandit wasn’t sure what the part number was.

do you think I should get the whole gasket set? Not sure about reusing gaskets on an engine.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I sure would. Only thing worse than having to do this kind of stuff is having to do it a second time,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts