Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
z

J

·
0 Posts
Re: My Café Racer

Nice job. The white wheels and center pin stripe set it apart. Keep up the good work. Although i have a question in your description you list a solo tail however it looks like a stock tail with a seat cowl? More work since pics ?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts

Agggh the mud flap aggggggh!

Besides that, it looks great.

J

·
0 Posts

LOL yea the mudflap and the white sticker on the chain guard need to go. But every bike is a bike in progress.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

jaycee said:
LOL yea the mudflap and the white sticker on the chain guard need to go.  But every bike is a bike in progress.
Wow, you guys overlooked a GSXR suspension and 3000$ in modification to point out that I have a stock fender. Bravo.

I had an eliminated fender, but the turn signals interfered with the exhaust. SO the stocker went back on until I can get a clear alternatives LED blinker kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts

olegbi_q2 said:
Soo... what's a cafe racer?
a cafe racer where bikes in england i beleive the soul purpose was to be light and fast, guys would race from cafe to cafe and hang out and race. it perdy much was the early sport bikes. the naked sv is the modern cafe racer out of the box, it doesnt have extra fairing and its light and it handles well which is what the cafe racers where.

look up cafe racers on yahoo and you will find some cool bikes (ducati, moto guzzi, triumph, etc)

·
Registered
176 Posts

TestaStretta said:
Wow, you guys overlooked a GSXR suspension and 3000$ in modification to point out that I have a stock fender. Bravo.

I had an eliminated fender, but the turn signals interfered with the exhaust. SO the stocker went back on until I can get a clear alternatives LED blinker kit.
we're simple folk around here...it's the little things that matter to us. ;)

nike bike btw... ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts

EVOSTEVO said:
a cafe racer where bikes in england i beleive the soul purpose was to be light and fast, guys would race from cafe to cafe and hang out and race.
That's my understanding too. The bikes were heavily modded to replicate the look of the racebikes of the day. Here's a great site for cafe racer hisory/info.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f2_2.htm

Hersh

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

Looks good. I would like it better if the front fender was blue though. The white wheels look great! :D

·
Registered
430 Posts

cool. in the first pic the shine on the swingarm makes it look white......has anyone seen a white frame/swingarm powdercoat? That would be pretty cool with black paint.

J

·
0 Posts

No I didnt over look the GSXR front end. Hmmm you tell someone nice looking bike and here is a few things that will help it look better and they get upset. Ok i take it back i wish my bike was only half as cool as yours. You know tonight when i get home im gonna stick the shovel back on so our bikes can be the same.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts

jaycee said:
No I didnt over look the GSXR front end. Hmmm you tell someone nice looking bike and here is a few things that will help it look better and they get upset. Ok i take it back i wish my bike was only half as cool as yours. You know tonight when i get home im gonna stick the shovel back on so our bikes can be the same.
Yeah seriously, gosh.

·
Registered
606 Posts

JC your bike is cooler looking, faster and properly setup. You did come off a little harsh, the bike is pretty nice. This one looks good, but the suspension isn't anything special, it's been done a lot and without being setup correctly it's just bling, cool looking bling. I like the look.

I like white wheels, but a PITA to keep clean. You've seen my RC51, the white wheels look cool until they get dirty. Dark color wheels hide it much better. IMO the SRAD front fender looks a little out of place. A K1-K3 type would follow the design lines of the bike better like your color matched front fender does. Overall pretty nice looking bike. Yours is better but you spent more to get it that way. Give him credit it is a nice SV. ;)

P

·
0 Posts

I demand ACTION pix !!! That bike definately has the :eek: factor goin for it ! Bad Ass !

·
Registered
177 Posts

I think it looks great! Personally I think the tank guard looks weird under the pin stripe. There's my nitpick =P

I don't think the 'mudflap' looks bad, but then again I've left mine on my 00 too, so what do I know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts