Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read on here, that it is possible to remove the tack from the cluster and rewire it as a solo gage. I dont use the cluster on my only race 00 SV and I was thinking just convert what you have insted of buying a new tach.

Anyone know how to do this? Its easy to cut and convert the dial and rewiring is not an issue but the Schematics only show wires going into the cluster with no details as to there source. I.e. which one would go to the coil etc if it is even possible.

thanks

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I would save the hassle, not even knowing if that`s doable or not.
If I would be you I would sell the naked cluster if it`s in good condition.
They are hard to find and quite expensive and replace it with an aftermarket one.
You could go cheap and just get a rpm reader.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would save the hassle, not even knowing if that`s doable or not.
If I would be you I would sell the naked cluster if it`s in good condition.
They are hard to find and quite expensive and replace it with an aftermarket one.
You could go cheap and just get a rpm reader.
It is a naked cluster and needs a new speedo needle and a couple scratches on the chrome bullets, other than that it is fine. I don’t want a cheap tach that is susceptible to vibs. I was also looking for an interesting project. Perhaps this is not it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are separate BUT the schematic doesn’t show the tach and implies the wiring for the tach is controlled from the board but the actual wiring to the tach doesn’t match the drawing.
This is another reason it interreges me.. I have pics of the disassembled tach Ill post later if you’re interested.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What's your reason for replacing the tach? Broken Needle?

We replaced needles on my old XS and it was pretty simple using the existing needle. I'll see if I can pull up some pics if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts