Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... and girls, couple of questions here.

I am looking to get a couple new things for my 2006 SV650.

- A new pipe.
- Some sort of luggage setup.

My questions are:

1) With "deep throaty" tone as pipe priority what are my best options? I like it rumbling at the lights and notable when driving past people at highway speeds. * I hear the M4 models sound good, true? *

2) I will only be travelling for a max. of 4 days so I will need room for 4 days worth of clothing and a tent (unless I can get it on my back somehow), as well as any accessories that I may need to bring (tool kit, etc.) I have never bought or looked into bike luggage prior to this year and am looking for good tips and luggage providers as well as luggage models that seem to work the best.

- All are welcome to comment but experience with the products you recommend is appreciated. Links & Pics are welcome as well. Thanks in Advance!

Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like to pack light. For me, the Givi setup works best; I had E21 side cases on my old FZ, and they were just right for a couple of days of clothes, with the tent and pillows bungeed to the rear seat. They were narrow, and did not stick out from the bike to interfere with lanesharing. I've gone ahead and gotten the tri-rack for the SV; I'll be getting the E21s, again, since they worked so well on the FZ, and an E35 top case. M'boy has a huge Givi topcase, though, so if I really needed to carry a lot of crap, I could borrow his.

But I prefer to travel light. Overpacking is a common mistake when touring/camping. Pack only what you'll need, and pack it tightly. Make sure you have tools for common roadside emergencies, and a tire patch kit with a CO2 inflator just in case; those can all fit under your seat.

A tent that packs compactly is worth the money. So are inflatable mattresses, which are comfy to lie on and still pack up small.

Givi Monokey are the best cases I've found for the moto. I like the peace of mind of locking my shizz up and not having to worry about it when I go for a bite to eat, or when I camp overnight. (Although if I'm at a hotel, I get a ground floor room and pull the bike inside just to be safe.)

Cortech Sport luggage is the best soft luggage I've used, but I really recommend hard bags.

Edit: M'boy has the M4 full system on his SV1K. For as loud as it is at WOT, I'm startled at how quiet it is at anything short of WOT.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got a full M4 system on my 1k, and it's nice and noisy. I use a cargo net to secure a backpack to the back of my bike, which only works if you pack light.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well...here's some luggage...Givi E21's on SW Motech quicklock sideracks and a Givi E450 on an SWMotech Alu-Rack top rack.

And here's a deep, throaty Can for ya...a Carbon Yosh TRS with an R&G Can Protector attached.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I use a combination of a recon 19 tank bag, cortech sport saddlebags, and nelson rigg tailbag. The tailbag holds a LOT. I took a week long trip to the U.P. and had plenty of room for all my stuff.

As far as a can, I have a Leo Vince. It is nice and loud when I get on it but not so loud that it disturbs people when I'm warming up in the morning. I like it. I used to ride a cruiser and to be honest, the loud pipes were deafening on long trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts