Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new. im looknig to buy a sv650s used as my first bike. to what i know i want to buy 2003+ model as its more powerful (i dont know why but thats what ive heard). i just want to know what kind of price range should I be looking at paying. ive never bought a bike before but if someone can give me like how much itd cost for a 2003, 2004, 2005, etc and how mileage factors in or any other factors would be great. the only place i have been looking so far is craigslist because i know of no other source of used bikes. i live in southern california for those that need a geographic sense in where i am located.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the market, and have been doing a lot of research here.. what I have found imo. is that an 03+ and newer is going to be a little bit more friendly because of the FI, and typically less miles than 1st gens, and they just look better also factory.

and also mileage is not a huge concern as there are bikes with 50-60k + miles on the motors which just shows the reliability and durability of these bikes.

as far as costs go and what I'm looking at a good deal would be anywhere from 3k - 4.5k for average - higher miles (less than 20k), and with some typical mods (slip-on, sometimes GSXR forks and shock sometimes.)

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know it's not specifically what you asked, but I found an '01 on craigslist for $2900 with a little over 8000 miles on it last July. I'd stick with craigslist. Sites like CycleTrader don't have much more than dealership advertisements for new bikes. Cycle Trader does put out a magazine, however, that usually has a good amount of listings. You can find it at the news stand or 7-11

·
Registered
428 Posts
+1 for craigslist! i got my '99 for $2400 with a little over 4k miles. the main thing is to just be patient and trust that you'll find a great deal/bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts