Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do they go on? i am bewildered by them. i can not figure it out. anyone who can help?

thank you.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
OK...same exact bike as mine. You have incredible taste!

Here's what I do with mine. I pulled them apart and removed the neoprene protector that goes under the straps. That makes the straps thinner. I remove the pillion seat and place the widest strap just in front of the seat locking mechanism and the rear strap falls just forward off the bracket that captures the rear seat tang. I have the straps velcro'd at there narrowest possible width so the bags ride properly vertical if not a little high but they sag with weight to be nice and straight. You'll notice that the wide strap will intrude on to your seat but it's far enough back that you won't even sit on it unless you had bars that give you a very upright position.

This runs them fat side forward which sorta looks backward but it fits the geometery of the bike and especially the angle of the exhaust. I attach one of the web loops to the passenger foot peg stay and adjust it to buckle the forward end of the bag securely.

The only issue I had which may not be an issue for you was that I had a Fendar Eliminator and those neoprene drapes attached to the bag would fold over the LED turn signals. I cut a portion of the drape to stop that. I just remove the top Tri-bag when my wife would ride. Locking the bags down with the seat eliminates the possibility of them getting stolen, too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
^^What he said. That's exactly how I attach mine. The only thing is, if you are not careful and protect your paint they will rub through it. Don't ask me how I know this firsthand. :( You can get protective plastic from tankslapper.com

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great taste indeed! haha.

thank you for your help. i do not have an integrated rear indicators and notice they sit on top of the blinkers. that part kind of sucks but i don't plan on using the bags that much, just when i am heading up to the lake or something.

i will get them on tomorrow night. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Since you are using OEM signals, you shouldn't have much of an issue with the bags blocking them. It's the small arrow type LED's that were an issue for me.

I solved the whole problem by re-installing my OEM fender and just put the SW Motech top and side racks with Givi luggage! :lmao:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had some trouble fitting these on there.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I run the wide velcro strap under the passenger seat and the thin one at the rear of the riders seat and it holds put very well. Do you need pics???
OOOPS way too much to drink 2nite. the thin one under the rear seat and wide across the rear of the front seat. We kept the foam pads to help from rubbing paint off.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Toss the foam pads, run the smaller strap under the rear seat, large stap on the front seat. Hook up to the rear passenger pegs only, it's enough.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just want to say thanks to you guys.

got them on just how you described OMS. the neoprene pads are kind of a pain but i would rather keep them on for the protection on the paint, so i still made it work with them, just have to press a bit harder to get the seat to snap into place. i adjusted the velcro as well so they aren't even touching the rear signals anymore. and did the front straps just to the passenger peg bracket.

i figure i will not use them very often, but when i do i'll be glad i have them. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Glad to see this, I just bought a set from Motorcycle Outfitters in Tellico Plains.

I did not get the sport model, I got the bigger sized one. Believe that I am going to do some long arsed rides this summer and I need baggage. ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put both straps on top of the rear seat strap the front to the passenger peg hangers and bungee cord the back together under that tail in front of the fender. They are very secure this way. Only thing is its a pain to get under your seat if you need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts