Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to say this but already I'm getting some corrosion on the bike.

It's on the starter motor. It's no biggie but I've only had her six weeks and it's not as if i don't look after my bikes, I do.

I seem to remember my 2001 curvy had the same problem. I cured that problem by painting it.

What do you all think.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
try an old toothbrush... i had the same thing here[Ohio, salt/crap]and just for kicks i tried the t/brush, just came right off!! used a little WD40 on a rag, presto!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you buy WD-40 in the UK? It's a corrosion preventer. Just spray it on.
Yep we got WD-40 over here.

try an old toothbrush... i had the same thing here[Ohio, salt/crap]and just for kicks i tried the t/brush, just came right off!! used a little WD40 on a rag, presto!!
I'll give it a try on Friday on my weekly clean.

Cheers Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PBR me ASAP...

No corrosion problems here, yet. But thanks for the heads up. I prefer boddingtons :)

I never thought you get Boddies over there, Not my cup of tea you understand but it's nice to see our American cousins are drinking our British beer.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I lived a couple summers in a beach town on the east coast and made a lot of friends over the pond; I also worked for a brand protection agency whose parent company was in the UK, Grove Park...every one of them makes fun of me and tells the Boddingtons is old man's beer. It is really hard to get out here on the west coast tho...Oregon is all about microbrew beers.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I lived a couple summers in a beach town on the east coast and made a lot of friends over the pond; I also worked for a brand protection agency whose parent company was in the UK, Grove Park...every one of them makes fun of me and tells the Boddingtons is old man's beer. It is really hard to get out here on the west coast tho...Oregon is all about microbrew beers.

Where about's on the East coast. Can you remember.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Opps sorry I feel a bit thick. I thought you meant over here in the UK.;D

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Yep we got WD-40 over here.

I'll give it a try on Friday on my weekly clean.

Cheers Madjohn.

weekly cleainng!!!

oh yeah, it's still new!! lolo.. i used to do that to, it'll wear off!! lol

mine gets cleaned when i can't stand it anymore!!

:nana:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts