Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get a gel seat in the nearish future and was wondering what people's thoughts were about the Corbin saddles versus the Sargent saddles. I'm hoping to ship my bike along with my dad's bike to the Florida Keys and ride back to Denver. I'm thinking a tall Givi windscreen and a new saddle would make the trim much more enjoyable. People......discuss.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
The general consensus is that the Corbin is better for the S model, while the Sargent is better for the N. I currently have an N and a Sargent, but will be putting on my GSX-R front end (hopefully) this weekend. I'll probably want to get a Corbin then.

The dish of the seat works better for the two different bikes.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a Sargent and an S...I like it, ALOT.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Neither Corbin nor Sargent are gel seats. Thank goodness. I was very unhappy with the OEM Suzuki gel saddle. I have a Sargent now and have put 3,000 miles on it. It started out comfortable and is just getting better with time.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've had the stock, the standard corbin, and the gel seat. Stocker is , well you know. ouch. The standard corbin sits too low in the bike, like an inch or more and is dished. If you sit upright a lot its fine, plan on hanging off a bit and you'll find it a pain to move around on. I've heard that you can order them taller though. Gel seat is "meh"

·
Premium Member
3,105 Posts
I have a Corbin on my naked that is converted into a S but kept the upright touring bars.
For no extra charge Corbin will build the saddle tallet than their "stock" SV650 configuration.
Mine is 1-1/2" taller and also has the dish moved back to help keep me from sliding forward.
I have MANY 10hr+days on it with NO complaints.
If you go with Corbin, ask for Sergio when you order.

You can see the seat here

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will preface this with "I don't have one myself...." but there are others on this board who have recommended getting a Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mod.

His site is available here:
Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods ( http://greatdaytoride.com/ )

His price is apparently quite reasonable (~$75) as compared to the cost associated with a Corbin or Sargent (~2-3x that much).

(Not that I am attempting to dissuade you from a Corbin or Sargent seat ... just positing the alternatives.)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I will preface this with "I don't have one myself...." but there are others on this board who have recommended getting a Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mod.

His site is available here:
Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods ( http://greatdaytoride.com/ )

His price is apparently quite reasonable (~$75) as compared to the cost associated with a Corbin or Sargent (~2-3x that much).

(Not that I am attempting to dissuade you from a Corbin or Sargent seat ... just positing the alternatives.)
+1

A guy I ride with just got his seat back from this guy and is pretty pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have the Suzuki gel seat that was horrible. Hard as a rock and had a rounded shape that made me slide from side to side. Sent it to Spencers Seat Mods and now its excellent. Been on it now for several hours, with the longest ride being about 1.5 hours long, and no problems. The original would hurt after 20 minutes. I'm happy with the result, no changes in appearance or height, which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have had corbins on my last 4 bikes and i loved all of them including my current bike. (2002 sv650s). it is dished but that is what makes it comfy for long distance cruising. it will make it harder to hang off so it depends on what kind of riding you want it for i guess.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Although i havent had to much riding with my corbin on my S it definitly makes the rider want to sit more upright and its cupped so it kind of feels like a cruiser seat. Here are some pics of it on my bike.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, All, for your help. I think I have decided that I will be going with the Sargent. I think I will also get a Givi A650. It will kinda destroy the "look" that I was going for last summer but it will make long distance rides much more enjoyable. After all, it is a bit of a ride from here to the Grand Canyon. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.