Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was perusing the corbin websight and came across something that was interesting. i dont know if its a new product but i think its pretty cool. its some kind of hard tailpiece/luggage
that sits over the rear seating area.theres a 360 view on the page.
http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/sv650.shtml

(EDIT)ok its called a smuggler trunk and their really proud of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had one on my Honda ST-1300 but sold the trunk because my ST is used for 2 up touring. I did like the quality of the trunk and it does hold a lot. But for the price, I think a soft bag would do the same for 1/10 of the cost.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I think it's pretty fugly myself and WAY overpriced. I do remember seeing them on closeout somewhere in the last year...I'll see if I can find that for ya.

Also, dunno why they designed it AROUND the grab rail when the grab rail is no longer usable?? Would've looked better if you removed the grabrail and the thing was designed sleeker to fit flush.

Still...probably would get a LOT of use on my bike. Nice lockable storage.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Might be interesting to see a system based on replacing the whole of the rear plastics. Quite a lot of space in there if it were utilized more sensibly.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think Oneida had them at $400 a while back. Don't know if they still do. Even at $400 I think it's overpriced.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Way overpriced. And I will never order anything from Corbin direct again. Their Customer Service is possibly the worst I've ever encountered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts