Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, what a pain in the ass it was to put on! but i prevailed and it's finally on.

hopefully i'll be riding tomorrow, so a review will follow then.

·
Registered
326 Posts
PICS???????????????????

lol I think you have convinced me to try a sargant. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
im gonna put mine on tomorrow hopefully...can u just use the tools that come w/ the bike...or am i gonna need something extra?

i have some motosliders i need to put on too, but i don't have the right tool to get the sliders i had the dealership install off, so who knows when ill get around to puttin it on...

how long it take u to install the seat? just wondering how much time i gotta waste puttin the sob on

·
Registered
23 Posts
my sargent took less then 5 min to install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
so did my corbin ;)

what exactly was difficult about the install? There are 2 allen bolts holding it on!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you don't need any special tools. it's uses the same allen bolts that held the stock seat on. but it didn't line up perfectly so you need to jam it back and down while trying to start the thread on the bolt. just slightly difficult to do alone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im about to go take a pic of mine...cause there is no fuckin way it is gonna go on....the brackets where it is supposed to attach are about 2 inches behind where the threads for the bolts to attach the bracket are....i will have to bend the friggin brackets 2inches at least to get it to even come close to fittin on my bike...WTF? :evil:

it would be on the bike now if the shit actually lined up...ARGGGGGGG

·
Registered
326 Posts
So is this another 03 vs 04/05 conflict?

·
Registered
67 Posts
here are the pics...i compared my stock to the corbin i got in the one pic...the brackets are WAY far back on the seat compared to the stock

i'm guessing it doesnt fit, or they sent me the wrong year seat for my SV

the sticker on the back said "SV-65-F"

The Great Divide!!!

Compared to Stock Seat

·
Registered
67 Posts
i apologize for the shitty quality of the pics...but im no camera man, and it's my roommate's cam :oops:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got an '03 corbin for my '03, so i can't say if there's an fitment issue on other years. i just know it didn't line up perfectly like my stock did

·
Registered
67 Posts
on a side note, i just went to corbin's site to see if i had the wrong seat, i got a seat for a '03

this pisses me off cause i had it ordered through the dealer and they ordered the wrong one, talk about fucking idiots

the seat i got is the SV-65-F which is for '03

the number i shoulda got is SV-10-F

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

im just gonna put the stock back on now, it will be at least another week for them to get me a new one, im gonna tell the bastards to overnight it at their cost

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fred2004 said:
on a side note, i just went to corbin's site to see if i had the wrong seat, i got a seat for a '03

this pisses me off cause i had it ordered through the dealer and they ordered the wrong one, talk about f***ing idiots

the seat i got is the SV-65-F which is for '03

the number i shoulda got is SV-10-F

Now say your sorry.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
rwheelz said:
so did my corbin ;)

what exactly was difficult about the install? There are 2 allen bolts holding it on!

i had no problem installing mine, i don't even think it took 5 min, and yes it was a little tight on the fuel tank (01)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts