Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
the corbin is STIFF.  I have the oem gel on mine and it satisifies me for long rides (usually ride about 3-4 hours at a time and no butt burn)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my stock seat to a local upholstery place to have the foam shaved down and a gel pad added. They did the job in less than two days. And it was a fraction of the cost of any aftermarket seat. It's very comfortable.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Upholstery shop, pitch the stock foam completely. Replace with 1" high density automotive quality foam. You can go thicker if you aren't short legged (the reason I like the 1", lowers seat height almost 1 1/2" below stock). $25, 20 minutes.

The difference in comfort is amazing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
andyauger said:
Upholstery shop, pitch the stock foam completely. Replace with 1" high density automotive quality foam. You can go thicker if you aren't short legged (the reason I like the 1", lowers seat height almost 1 1/2" below stock). $25, 20 minutes.

The difference in comfort is amazing.
+1 i had the same thing done , i had both my seats done the GF likes it better too ;) have to keep them happy cost was $50 for both i have 450mils in one day and my butt was fine. my knee's well that was a diffrent story :-\

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bit the bullet and recently purchased a new Corbin. I must say I couldn't be happier with it. It was much more than I wanted to spend but would do it again without hesitation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got mine from Spencer at http://www.greatdaytoride.com/

Seriously comfy. He keeps the stock covering, but repacks the seat with new material. base cost is $50, $75 if you want the fancy super foam stuff (+ shipping). He'll do the passenger seat too if you want, for a little more.

The guy is awesome to deal with, very prompt with the emails. I've read some posts on SVR about him jumping through hoops to get people their seat, exactly how they want it.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I 2nd SVwordy's recommendation. I also have the Spencer mod on my stock seat. I paid $75 for the honeycomb shaped gel foam, and have my seat shortened by 1". It came back looking like it did when I sent it out, but it feels 100% better.

My recomendation is to buy a used stock seat to use while you send your seat out to avoid any down time.

tk

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got a Sargent. It's pretty comfortable, but the rear tabs are too short to catch under the lip at the rear of the seat opening. Oddly, the email I sent to Sargent to ask about this was never answered (though they were quick to answer the pre-sale emails...).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Suzuki gel, installed by the previous owner. So, I can't compare it to anything. But, I find the seat design slides me forward towards the tank and I can't quite consider it comfortable by design. The gel is working fine to dampen vibrations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a corbin and i love it but i have a tiny ass so i find theres ample rom 2 be slideing around tho :)

I rode cpbike's sv back from Gwelf and o man stock seat is like a piece of plywood with a black shiny cover o man my ass hurt

i have an 03 and he has an 06 and i found his bike very uncomfortable my wrists hurt my ass and i dident like how sit up straight it made me sit

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rick Mayer custom. super-comfy, just for me, and a matched pair of rider/passenger saddles was hundreds less than Corbin (Sargent doesn't have a passenger option).

·
Registered
241 Posts
I tried the Corbin seat, but I wasn't all that happy with it. It seemed to make me sit back farther and is quite flat in the back side, so it actually hurt a little when I wanted to start leaning off the bike a little bit.
I haven't tried the Sargent, but I'm currently happy with my Suzuki Gel seat. Only complaint with this one would be when it sits out in the sun in the summer. Man does the gel hold heat!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts