Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got and installed my corbin saddle...one problem

the right nut screw whatever you want to call it went in fine, but the left one wouldnt go in straight and i ended up messing up the thread and screw pretty bad...basically i felt the head of the screw break(from too much torque) it didnt snap off completely, but i know it is twisted...the screw is pretty much all the way in (it wasnt that was why i was puttin so much muscle on it)

i was wondering if i should try and back it out, it might break the head off and leave the treading of the screw inside where it screws it...then where am i...the right screw is fine, so im guessin i can leave the left screw in the way it is and it won't go nowhere

man that saddle was a pain in the ass to get on....the brackets under the seat scratched some paint off the tank (not visible w/ the saddle on)

i felt like punchin the corbin dood in the face after the experience ive had w/ them....hopefully this friggin seat was worth the pain and suffering

im guessin i should try to take the screw out...but then im gonna need another screw....and im sure the thread is destroyed to hell...so im kinda in a pickle and don't really know what to do

·
Registered
653 Posts
If the bolt is holding well, then ride away. You are going to have to remove the seat sooner than later, so you should get a new nut and bolt and install it manually (hold the nut behind the subframe tab while threading hte bolt through the seat tab) for next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts